37

I was really happy that Dominic and Isaiah got me a phone. It didn't take long to figure out how to use it. But I was still geting use to the fact that my thumb could be used to open my phone.

Isaiah spammed my phone with pictures of his grill and his ashy hands. I'd delete them later, right now I just wanted to check out the stuff on Snapchat — I'm low key obsessed.

"Alright kids, let's hit the road," Dominic said easing me off his lap.

Isaiah smirked mischievously and looked at me saying, "Bop. Bop."

"What," I asked confused.

"Don't pay him no mind, Ma," Dominic said smacking Isaiah upside the head.

Isaiah mumbled angrily and started quietly talking to Dominic. At first I couldn't hear but I was able to make out what he was saying after I got closer.

"So what's the plan? What nigga you bout to buck on," Isaiah asked cracking his knuckles.

"You gon see. Let's just get you back to school lil nigga," Dominic said and turned to me, "After this I'm taking you to meet someone."

...

I sat in the car while Isaiah and Dominic went inside. Something was telling me to go in with them but what if I saw Marcus? Would I even be able to face him? How would I react — would I be mad, sad, or what?

My whole body was visibly shaking now. I needed to find Dominic so I got out of the car and went in to look for them.

~ Dominic

"Fuck we waiting for?! If this nigga did rape Mer like you said we should just get him now," Isaiah said as we walked around the halls.

"Calm down. When the bell rings, we gon snatch him
up and then he'll get his. We gotta be smart. I'm not supposed to get caught in here remember," I say flicking his head.

"Ow! Alright, damn," he mumbled.

For a while we were waiting on the bell to ring. When it finally did ring, we stood outside the classroom waiting for Marcus to pass by. It seemed like everyone else was passing by except him.

China walked out of the door and as soon as she saw us she engulfed us in one of her big, extra man-bear hugs.

"Hey you two! I'd never thought I'd see Big D at school," she joked just as Marcus walked out.

"Yeah. See you Chi-town," I said maneuvering around her. My sudden movements caused Marcus to notice me and as soon as he did — he dipped.

Isaiah and I both chased him into an abandoned hall. He tripped on his laces — he could never keep them tied. Isaiah was able to catch up and tackled him onto the hard, tile floor.

I pulled my gun out of my waistband and aimed it at him. Almost instantly he went still.

"I'm sorry. I swear man just don't kill me.

"Nah fuck yo apology nigga. Isaiah beat his ass."

Isaiah was already on it. He hooked Marcus's jaw and got up stomping on him and kicking him. I put my gun up and started wailing on him too. That was until I heard China bitch ass.

"Bruh what the fuck y'all doing," she screamed at us.

I grabbed Isaiah and kicked Marcus one last time before we both dipped out of the school.

Isaiah was breathing hard and laughing like crazy as we made it to the car.

"Oh shit that was fun," he yelled rolling his neck and cracking his hands.

"For sure. Come on let's —" I stopped mid sentence because I didn't see Mercy in the car. I kissed my teeth and turned to Isaiah.

"Where she at D?" Isaiah looked around the parking lot confused.

"Go look around in that school...Damn she such a busy body."

- Mercy

Everyone rushed to their classes, paying me no mind as they bumped into me. I still didn't see Dominic or Isaiah. I sure as hell couldn't see anyone honestly, I was like Simba in that stampede of bison.

The hall began to clear a bit so I could move around much better and that's when I noticed China hunched over some boy.

"Hey China what's up," I ask walking over.

The closer I got, the more I realized that she was hunched over a beat up Marcus. I stopped getting closer and stood there squeezing my hands into tight fists.

"Help me, Mercy. He's hurt real bad."

I stood there for a while trying to figure out what to do. When I finally got myself together, I shook my head no.

"I gotta go...I-I'm sorry China," I said and ran off.

I was running and all I could think was run. I didn't see Isaiah standing in the middle of the hall. Unable to stop running, I ended up crashing into Isaiah.

"Woah Mer chill. Let's go," he said pulling me with him.

I pulled away from him and shook my head.

"Did you guys do that," I asked frowning at him.

"Mer...I don't know—"

"Stop lying to me! You guys did that to him didn't you? You and Dom."

He nodded and quickly added, "We did it for you. Just come on, we can't get caught in here," Isaiah said grabbing my hand again.

"I didn't ask for that! You guys could've killed him. I don't want that at all," I scold, smacking him in the face and chest.

"Damn. You gon make this hard ain't you, Mer," he said and picked me up, placing me over his shoulder.

"Let me go," I yelled.

"Shut the fuck up. People will hear," he whispered and quickly walked us over to the double doors. When we were outside I hear Dominic's voice.

"Nigga what are you doing," he asked kind of mad.

"She kept hitting me and didn't want to come. She saw him I guess," Isaiah said and put me into the car.

I looked over and saw Dominic in the driver's seat. I didn't really think about it before I did it, I just...did it. My hand went up and struck Dominic across the face. The only sound that could be heard was the loud slap I'd just given to Dominic.