34

~ Dominic

When we got home, she immediately went to sleep. I stayed up watching her the whole time. There were moments where she would stir in a sleep and latch onto me but she didn't wake up not once.

Knock. Knock.

Shauna opened the door and eased in quietly.

"How's Mercy," she asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I don't know." I shrug looking at her.

"How are you doing baby?"

If I really thought about it I was angry. I wanted Marcus dead and I wished it'd had happened to someone other than Mercy.

"I'm good. She's not, I mean look — she got a tight ass grip on me and she not even awake," say angrily.

Shauna sighed and placed her hand on my leg.

"Baby boy, I am taking care of this. trust me," was all she said before heading out. When she shut the door it made a loud bang that woke up Mercy. She jumped in her sleep, gasping for air and crying. For a second she didn't even realize I was there but when she did, she buried her face in my chest and sobbed.

"It's okay Mercy. It was just a dream," I say hoping it'd comfort her.

"No it wasn't," she cried.

She pulled away and shook her head at me.

"I remember it — all of it. It was real. I don't want to go back to sleep."

"Okay. You don't have to sleep, just calm down," I say wiping her face.

I pulled her into my lap and she wrapped her arms around my neck. When she started calming down I pulled back and stared at her. All I wanted to do was hold her — she looked so hurt. Her eyes were puffy and red, her whole body was shaking, and she wouldn't even look up at me.

Shit, it made me mad! What type of mother fucker would let this happen to her? Where was this so called God at when she needed him most? Where was I?

Usually I'm not the type of nigga to cry, but tonight I felt like crying.

"I'm gonna make a snack. You want any," I ask.

When she shook her head, I tried easing her off my lap so I could get up. As soon as I did she freaked out and latched onto my neck again.

"Don't leave me up here," she pleaded, on the verge of crying.

"Okay, Ma," I say picking her up and walking to the door. She didn't complain one time on the way to the kitchen about my hands which were holding her up by her ass. If she wasn't just raped I probably would've made a sexual joke by now.

"I'm gon make you a grilled cheese. If you don't eat it then you gon hurt my feelings," I say trying to lighten the mood.

"Dom," she groaned.

"Alright we gon share one then and you have to eat half," I say firmly.

Instead of saying something, she stayed quiet and shrugged. I sat her down on the counter and grabbed the bread from the pantry.

"Soo," I awkwardly begin, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't know. I don't really want to talk," she said sliding off the counter.

"Why? I thought you liked talking to me," I tried faking hurt.

She didn't say anything so I turned to looked at her and she was messing with her hair.

"Look...we have to talk, okay? How else am I gon know if you okay," I ask seriously.

She shrugged at me and turned away. Damn, was she going to be like this from now on? I sure as hell wasn't bout to let her just turn from me though. While she was still turned, I picked her up and put her over my shoulder.

"Dominic stop!"

"Alright but you gon sit down somewhere and stop acting so funny. I'm still your boyfriend, I'm not gon act like Marcus."

"Ok. I'm sorry," she said so I put her down.

"Is it too early to be asking for a kiss," I ask with my hands on her waist.

When she didn't answer, I thought maybe that was just her way of saying she wouldn't give me a kiss but instead she jumped up on her tiptoes and gave me a quick peck on the lips. Smirking, I give her a hug before getting back to cooking us some food.

"Dom," she said.

"Yeah, Ma."

"Can I have two sandwiches?"

—/

Hello!🤗

I know this chapter is short but it's okay, you'll be okay. I have something important to say‼️😎 I will possibly be making a second book (if this book gets to be 50 chapters or what not) and I just wanted to know if you thought I should. I mean why make a second book if no one wants it right?😅 But yeah hope you're enjoying the book. Comment your thoughts and continue reading...✌🏾✌🏾