Fifty Four

Demi leaned down caressing his cheek gently as his eyes remained on her. It didn't make her uncomfortable, he was her son and this was the first time that he was ever seeing her. Seeing everyone. Demi smiled at him seeing that he was still groggy but he had a lot of exploring to do and it was clear he wanted to.

"You pretty mommy." Jack stated and Demi let out a breathless laugh.

"And your handsome little man," Demi replied leaning over kissing his head gently. "But you need to get some rest, okay? You're eyes and your head are going to be sore for a little while and you need to rest them." Demi urged slightly.

"I want to see everything." Jack stated.

"And you will but you need to rest your eyes." Demi encouraged and Jack closed his eyes.

"There." Demi laughed stroking his hair gently.

"You not what I mean Jack, get some rest now and when you're out of the hospital we'll travel the world together." Jack let out a small laugh and Demi smiled. She saw him settle down slightly.

"Can I see a picture of daddy?"

"Why see a picture when you can see him soon?" Demi replied and Jack smiled.

"When?" Jack inquired.

"He could be home in a couple of days." Demi replied and Jack only smiled more.

"I wait then." He replied and Demi didn't say anything else, she watched over her son as he fell asleep on the bed.

_________________

Whilst Jack was asleep Demi found herself popping back to the nursery. Just to check that Adam was okay, she hoped Jack would rest as much as he could. She knew he'd be a bit achy for a little while but him being young would help. She also went to the relatives room to assure everyone that he was okay. But she didn't want to be gone too long in case he did wake up and Dianna came with her this time.

"I always wanted a little boy after you, you know? And now you have two, I'm jealous." Demi smiled stroking Jack's hair gently to keep him settled.

"I want a little girl," Demi admitted. "I love my boys though."

"Everyone wants both but it doesn't mean they don't love the kids they have." Dianna assured her and Demi smiled looking down at Jack watching his chest rise up and down. She knew he was going to have the biggest his headache he's ever had but it would be well worth it when it was gone.

"The battle isn't over yet. Joe isn't awake, he should be in a lot of pain as well as not feeling mentally right." Demi breathed.

"He had us all to help him, even me and Eddie. He's like our son, we'll all help him through it." Demi cracked a small smile.

"I was really scared I was gonna lose him. I'm still scared, he's not out of the woods yet. Something could still happen... infection... anything like that could kill him." Demi stated.

"Well, let's not think like that, at least the odds are stacked more against in favor from him." Demi sighed nodding her head smiling down at Jack who let out a big breath in his sleep.

"He's gonna be so glad to have him home all time. He's never known anything like it before." Demi stated.

"Yes but I don't think it's going to be quite like what he imagines. Joe is gonna need a lot of support, he's probably going to need caring for a lot, helping in and out of bed. He might not even be able to stay with you guys."

"I'm gonna try my best for him to, I've already thought about changing the bathroom around and put in a walk in shower and stuff."

"It's worth a try, you might be able to get some help for that. I'll look into something like that for you."

"Thanks mom." Demi breathed and she looked back down at Jack when he started to wake up around two hours into his nap. Demi shushed him.

"Mommy it hurts." Jack whined.

"We'll get a nurse in," Demi assured him pressing the button next to him and Demi held his hand.