Fifty Two

Demi smiled as she rubbed Adam's back gently and he let out a little burp. She laid him down properly in her arms again leaning down kissing his forehead gently. It was around eight in the morning the following day and Jack was due with her parents any time now. They were due to see Jack's surgeon at nine but Demi was allowed to spend some time with Jack before then before visiting hours were normally. She had a private room so they wouldn't be disturbing anyone on a ward.

"Your older brother will be here soon and then he'll be going for his operation. We're all going through a lot now but hopefully things will settle down soon." Demi spoke to her son as she wiped his mouth with the cloth she did have over her shoulder. She was hoping to go home with him today and maybe Jack if the operation went well.

"Mommy!" Jack chimed as he came into the room and Demi smiled.

"Hey Jacky, you all okay?" Demi cooed and he smiled as he came over to the bed and Eddie helped him up.

"I'm worried mommy." Jack admitted.

"Aw that's bound to be the case but the surgeons will take good care of you and your eyes." Demi assured him.

"You holding Adam?" Jack inquired.

"Yes I am, he's just had his breakfast." Demi replied leaning over kissing his forehead gently.

"I wasn't allowed none." Jack pouted.

"Yeah but when you wake up from your surgery then you can see your food as well as tasting it." Dianna stated.

"It will be weird." Jack stated and they laughed.

"It will be because this is all you've ever known but you'll get used to it. Your life will improve now, get better. I promise." Demi stated and Jack smiled.

"Can I still go to school?"

"Of course but I suppose we'd better be looking at some different schools cuz if you have your eyes then you can go to a normal school and not a disability one." Demi stated and Jack grinned.

"With loads of other kids?" Jack questioned and Demi nodded her head even though her son couldn't see her yet. She was thankful when Dianna took Adam from her holding onto her grandson.

"Loads of kids." Demi vowed.

"Yay!" Jack cheered and Demi smiled.

_______________

Adam was soon taken away to nursery so Demi could go down with her parents and Jack to have a meeting with Jack's surgeon. He explained everything that would be happening mainly to the adults. Jack didn't try and understand. He was playing with Oscar on the floor. He trusted his mom that she'd know what was going to happen and that it would benefit him for the best. Jack was then taken for his pre-operation check over. Making sure that he was fit enough to go through it and he saw the anesthetist too, to make sure they got that dosage right. Jack said goodbye to both Eddie and Paul before they left leaving him alone with his mom.

"Everything is going to be okay Jack." Demi assured him running her fingers through his hair. She could see him shaking.

"I scared mommy." Jack admitted. She knew how much he wanted his father here. He wasn't this nervous for the one before but she knew he didn't fully understand what was going on then. This time, he knew he'd have at least some of his sight. They were prepared to buy him glasses to give him more vision.

"There's nothing wrong with being scared every once in a while!" Demi exclaimed kissing his head. "But the doctors will look after you and next time I see you, hopefully you'll be able to see me too."

"What if it don''t work?"

"It will work, your vision just might be burly at first." Demi replied and she looked up as a nurse came in.

"It's time Jack, I'm going to give you the medication to make you all sleepy. Okay?" She inquired and Jack nodded his head Demi watching as she did. "It may take a couple of moments for it to take affect." She told Demi more than anyone before she left the room promising to come back.

"I love you Jack Jonas."

"I love you mommy Jonas." Demi couldn't help but laugh ignoring the blush that came to her cheeks. She didn't try and correct her son.

"Gosh Jack, you look so much like your dad." Demi cooed.

"What does daddy look like?" Jack mumbled Demi seeing him starting to get a bit sleepy.

"Well, he has black short hair like yours, brown eyes like yours and he's got a birth mark on his jawline like you do..." Demi trailed off watching as Jack fell to sleep and she smiled slightly.

If she didn't smile she was sure she'd cry.