Twenty Four

Demi knew Willa would be back at the house when she got home. She had invited her to stay the night, have a bit of a girly night after the date. They often didn't spend much time together and with Jack being at Eddie and Dianna's, it was a good opportunity.

"How are you?" Spencer questioned.

"I'm good, what about you?" Demi answered adding in her own questioned and she smiled as he held his car door open for her. She leaned up slightly kissing his cheek before getting into the car. She strapped in as he jogged around to the other side of the car climbing in too also strapping in.

"I'm good," He answered. "I thought we'd go for some dinner then maybe see a film?"

"Sounds good to me, I've starving." Demi admitted and he smiled as he pulled away heading down the street towards town where most of the restaurants were.

"What do you fancy?" He inquired.

"Hmm," Demi thought for a moment. "Sushi, if you like it?"

"I love sushi, it's a winner." He claimed and she laughed.

"I don't have it often." Demi admitted.

"Why's that?"

"I didn't tell you this last time but I have a four year old son, it's not exactly what kids like to eat." Demi replied.

"Oh, I didn't know you did. What's his name?" He inquired.

"Jack, he's only four like I said. My parents are on babysitting duty tonight whilst we're out." Demi stated.

"I don't have any kids but I like kids. I look after my nieces all the time." Spencer explained.

"You want kids though?" She questioned looking over at him.

"Don't most people?" He chuckled. "But yeah, one day. When I find the right girl. What is Jack like?"

"He's blind," Demi answered. "But he's the sweetest boy I've ever known, he acts so much older than his age but I wouldn't change him. He's perfect."

"Do you know why he's blind?"

"No, his dad and I found out when he was around six months old. We just noticed when he started crawling that he would bump into things so we got him checked over and it turns out he has been blind since birth. There's a surgery they can do to fix it but it's gonna take a lot of saving up." Demi explained.

"And his dad isn't in the picture?"

"Not my picture but he's definitely in Jack's. He adores his dad but he's away in the army and he's not around too much."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah, he just went back last week, it's why I've been a bit busy." Demi admitted.

"No, I understand.We'll enjoy this night and get to know one another a bit more." He demanded.

"That sounds really nice." Demi admitted.

____________

Demi thanked the waiter as he set her sushi down in front of her and she picked up the chop sticks beginning to eat with him.

"What do you do for work then?" Demi inquired.

"I'm a personal trainer in a gym in town," Spencer replied laughing at Demi's impressed look. "What about you?"

"I don't work, I'm Jack's carer and the army pay out some money to help with the house and bills and stuff. Joe lives with me when he comes home so he helps out too. It's hard work but Jack needs someone who is with him all the time. He's a bit better now he has his guide dog, Oscar but I still think he needs some support."

"I can see how much you love your son, you always find a way to bring him up." Spencer teased and Demi blushed slightly looking down at her plate.

"He's my world, I may not have been the best mom in the beginning but I can honestly say I gave it my best shot. I was only eighteen."

"I'm sure you did a great job with him," Spencer assured her. "I'd love to meet him sometime."

"Maybe once we've gotten to know one another a bit more. I don't want to rush him into anything."

"I understand." Spencer assured her again and Demi smiled again.

Spencer came back after they had paid for the meals taking his jacket off the back of the chair putting it on as Demi did the same.

"Instead of seeing a film, you want to come back to mine for a drink and we can chill there?" Spencer suggested and Demi bit her lip slightly. "You don't have to, we can see a film. I just love talking to you and we can't do that in a movie theatre."

"No, I want to." Demi answered smiling as he took her hand and lead her towards the exit.

Joe was on her mind the whole night but she knew she needed to finally get over him and move on.