Sixty Five

"Joe..." Demi breathed. "I haven't baked in years, I've been to busy with Jack and you and Oscar and everything else. I don't know if I'll be any good anymore." Demi urged. But it meant the world to her that he was thinking about her and what she wanted. He was home now, but that didn't mean he'd be okay, that he'd be able to look after himself and a young baby.

"Then get practicing cuz it's gonna happen," Joe demanded. "You wont have lost that much of your skills Dems. I'm not saying it needs to happen this minute but within two years maybe... You can have your own bakery."

"And you think I have the money for this? All the savings I've ever had went onto Jack and his surgery, sure I have some left but nowhere near enough to open and run a bakery."

"I'll help, we're a family Demi. We always have been, it will be our business but you just run it. Hey, when I'm not looking after the boys and I'm fully better, I could come in and do stuff. We'll do it together." Joe demanded.

"Are you sure?" Demi questioned looking over at him and he didn't even hesitate to nod his head.

"I'm sure, I went into the army because it's what I wanted to. I left you at home with our son expecting you to just look after him even after we found out about his disability. It's your turn now, to do what you want." Joe urged and he was kind of surprised when he felt her lips crash onto his but he kissed her back straight away the two of them smiling through the kiss. But it didn't last much longer then that when Demi pulled away from him.

"You have no idea how good it feels to do that," Demi grinned. "But we've got a long battle ahead of us Joe."

"Oh I'm aware, I'm only in such a good mood now because I'm home," Joe mumbled Demi grabbing hold of his hand squeezing it gently. "But it's been on my mind a lot, even before the incident and stuff. When I decided I was coming home for good."

"Well, thank you, for not being a selfish man," Demi tried to joke and he did laugh. "Hopefully you can stay in this good mood threw the celebration." Joe rolled his eyes gently at her making her laugh.

"Not gonna be much of a celebration when I'm forced to sit on the couch the whole time."

"But you'll be here and that's the main thing." Demi replied leaning up kissing him again and Joe kissed her back. They heard the door open and they pulled away looking over at Jack.

"Mommy and daddy kissed!" He exclaimed and they laughed as he ran over with a bottle of water in his hands. "Mommy and daddy kissed!" Demi pulled him down in between them wiping his mouth of chocolate.

"What were you doing in there for so long? You only came back with a bottle of water!" Demi exclaimed back.

"I was eating chocolate," He grinned. "But mommy and daddy kissed! Kissing is yucky, though."

"You cheeky monkey." Demi declared tickling him and he giggled.

"Help daddy!" Jack screamed and he laughed.

"No, you're on your own son. I'm sorry." Joe replied watching as they messed around. He knew he wouldn't be able to recover without his family around.

----------------------------

Joe smiled as his father wandered into the room after work giving him a hug and welcoming him home. He was the last one to arrive now for the celebration. That Joe was finally home and for good. He may not be one hundred percent at the moment but it was still such an achievement for him considering how close they really were to losing him.

"How are you doing?" He inquired sitting down with him. Demi and Denise were in the kitchen preparing for the meal they'd have. Jack was in the backyard playing with Nick and Oscar. Joe had assured them he didn't mind being alone for a bit. He needed to be alone to properly take everything in.

"I'm fine," Joe replied. "Just trying to take in everything."

"There's nothing wrong with that, anyone else to come?"

"Brett called to see how I was and Willa was going to come but she's been called into work so she's going to come by afterwards for a drink probably when you've all gone home." Joe replied.

"Nothing wrong with that. At least you're home now and we don't have to travel to the hospital everyday."

"You just have to travel here instead," Joe chuckled making him laugh slightly getting up again wondering to the crib at the side of the room seeing Adam was sleeping. "It feels weird being a dad again, knowing I'm going to be here the whole time. I'm not going to miss anything with Adam like I did Jack."

"You'll get so much enjoyment from it, trust me. I'm a dad to two boys too, you know?" Joe smiled.

"I'm not so sure about Nick..." Joe trailed off and Paul chuckled. "Don't tell him I said that."

"Oh you know it's going to come up at your wedding," He replied and Joe laughed shaking his head. "I'll grab us a coffee then I can keep you company."

He was excited to have everyone here, his family which were the only reasons he was going to make it through this hard time.