Thirty Two

"Wake him up, I guess. He likes you better at the moment then me." Demi demanded but she couldn't help but be concerned. She never wanted any of her children to feel so bad that they felt like they had to run away and get away from the house.

"It doesn't mean he'll not want his mom here, stay." Joe demanded heading over to his son.

"I am." Demi assured him watching as he knelt down by the couch giving Oscar a pet before laying his hand on Jack's leg.

"Jack, wake up." Joe spoke softly not shaking his son, not needing to because Jack begun to wake up opening his eyes.

"Daddy?" He questioned.

"It's me and mommy is here too. What are you doing down here?" Joe questioned but he didn't hesitate to hug his son back when he lunged himself at him hitting him in the face slightly but he didn't mind. Joe rubbed his back gently. Demi sat on the couch next to them laying her hand on his leg so he knew that she was there.

"Do you want to talk to us about something baby boy?" Demi questioned and Jack pulled away from Joe sitting back but he felt Joe lift him up and he was soon sat on his lap leaning against the arm of the chair facing Demi.

"When baby comes," Jack begun sniffling slightly. "Mommy won't love me anymore because she has new baby and daddy isn't here much." Jack mumbled.

"Oh Jack, I'll always love you," Demi demanded. "Listen, I'm not going to say things are going to be the same, your brother is going to need a lot of my attention but it doesn't mean I won't still have time for you. We can spend time all together too."

"He'll be small when mommy first brings him home but when he's a little older, he'll be able to play with you too."

"Will he have his eyes?" Jack inquired.

"Most likely but that doesn't mean you can't still play with him! Mommy and I have our eyes and we still play with you."

"I know you're going to be a big brother when the time comes Jack but in future talk to us? Okay? If you left the house, you could have been in a lot of danger."

"Oscar wouldn't take me." Jack mumbled leaning against Joe's chest and Joe kissed the top of his head.

"That's because he's here to look after you and make sure you're safe, just talk to us in future, okay?" Demi stated again wanting to make sure it was clear to him.

"Okay." Jack replied and Joe took a tissue from Demi wiping away his eyes.

"Now, you want pancakes for breakfast?" Jack nodded his head gently and Demi got up exiting the room after giving her son a kiss.

"Daddy." Jack stated.

"What's wrong?"

"Why won't you have a baby with mommy?"

"Because we're not together anymore, remember. And mommy was with Spencer before," Joe replied. "You'll be just fine Jack, I promise." Jack let out a breath feeling a little calmer sat with his dad.

________________

They all sat down and had breakfast together before they decided to sit and watch a movie all together. They knew it was important now to show Jack that they could all do things together, even though Demi was pregnant. It wouldn't be too much different when the baby came. She could sit there with the baby and still spend time with Jack.

"Does the baby have a name?" Jack questioned.

"Not one that we're sure about yet, we think we know what we want to call him." Demi replied.

"You shouldn't have told him that, now he's going to bug you until you tell him." Joe chuckled.

"Jack is good at keeping secrets, aren't you?" Demi teased poking her son and she smiled as he giggled.

"Mommy, will you tell me?" Jack questioned.

"Maybe tonight so daddy won't overhear." Demi smirked and Joe shook his head at her.

"If you want to think it bothers me then go ahead but it doesn't." Joe replied and Demi grinned.

"Will the baby get presents from Santa?" Jack questioned.

"Not yet because he's not here but next Christmas he will," Demi replied. "Mommy might get some bits for him from Santa but he still needs to grow more in my tummy before he arrives."

"That's a shame." Jack stated and they both laughed.

"Why don't you get him something then?" Joe suggested.

"Can I?" He questioned moving his head towards where he knew Demi was sat.

"Of course you can, I'm sure he'll like that." Demi assured him.

"I will have a look later." Jack concluded and Demi smiled wrapping her arm around him kissing his temple.