Forty

"Well that's good news!" Demi exclaimed, she knew she had to keep it low for Jack who was sat next to her. They had both agreed not to tell him until closer to the time in case anything changes but they planned for it not to. Joe would be home for good the next time he stepped foot in the house, something Jack had never known before. "I'm really excited about it."

"Me too and they'll continue to support me until I have another job." Joe replied and Demi smiled.

"I think it was a good option for you at the time but now it's clear you want to move on and that's fine. Not long now and then you'll be home. Just stay safe until then." Demi demanded and Joe nodded his head in agreement even though she couldn't see him.

"I will, trust me, nothing is gonna stop me coming home to you and Jack." Joe vowed and Demi smiled, she was aware it was out of his hands but that was enough to give her the faith that he would always be safe when he was out there, no matter where he was."

"Does Brett know yet?" Demi inquired.

"No, only you and I kinda what to keep it that way."

"That's fine, I won't tell anyone," Demi promised. "I'll let you get off though and get settled. I'll talk to you soon."

"Okay, I love you." Demi smiled.

"I love you too, bye," Demi only hung up when Joe said goodbye too and she put her phone back down. "Daddy says he loves you."

"But I didn't say it back." Jack pouted and Demi smiled wrapping her arms around him and he leaned her head on her chest not getting in the way of her bump.

"You don't need to say it back for him to know that you love him baby boy, I guarantee that he knows already." Demi assured him kissing the top of his head.

"When baby coming?" Jack inquired.

"Soon!" Demi replied. "Soon we'll be getting everything ready for him, I'll need your help."

"I can do that." Jack replied and she smiled.

"Did you know I love you too Jack?" Demi inquired.

"Yes mommy, I love you too and Oscar." Jack declared and Demi laughed as Oscar lifted his head up as he heard his name.

"Oscar knows it too, he lifted his head up." Demi stated and Jack giggled Demi kissing the top of his head again.

_____________

Demi entered the mall holding her bump slightly. At now thirty five weeks she was quite big and they were just getting the final things ready for the baby boy. She smiled as Spencer came into view. She was kind of relieved that he was still around, she half expected him to leave by now.

"Hey," Spencer greeted back. "You ready to get the final things ready for the baby?"

"Yep, I mean, I already have some things left over from Jack to use but I don't want him to be in everything that his brother used to wear or play with all of his old toys." Demi answered.

"Because he's our son, not yours and Joe's," Spencer replied and Demi rolled her eyes. "Speaking of that, I have a new bassinet arriving at your place tomorrow, I'll come and help set it up."

"Spencer... The one that's already set up is more than suitable for J too." Demi urged but Spencer shook his head as they entered the baby shop.

"I wanted to treat my son," He replied. "Have you got your list?"

"Yes," Demi breathed. "It's mainly just a couple more nightclothes for him, pacifiers and I want a breast pump." Demi answered.

"They said he's a big baby so will we need to look at bigger clothes for him?" Spencer questioned.

"No, the next size up from newborn would be too big, he'll still fit in newborn." Demi answered not helping but smile when she looked at the clothes up on the racks. They were all boys clothes but she found herself looking towards the dresses. She wanted a daughter one day but she stay focused on her son who she still loved so much. She didn't really care about the gender of her kids. She would just like one of each one day.

"Have you got a crib for him?" Spencer inquired.

"He'll be sleeping with me for a while," Demi replied. "I'm in no rush for that but dad says his friend was selling one so I might look into that and he offered to help set it up." Demi replied.

"No, I'll buy him one." Spencer urged.

"No Spencer, I want to buy for my son too," Demi demanded. "Just because I already have Jack doesn't mean I can't afford things for our son."

"Fine, fine." Spencer replied putting his hands up and Demi rolled her eyes at him.

"Just pick some clothes for him before my waters break right here." Demi demanded again and they both looks at the clothes hung up on the racks in front of them.