Thirty

"We'll be by tomorrow." Denise stated as she gave her son a big hug and Joe smiled hugging her back. The one thing he missed when he was gone was the contact with his friends and family. He could speak to them when he was away but he couldn't touch them. He'd never give up a hug from anyone.

"Okay, I'll work out Christmas shopping around when you come." He promised kissing her cheek as he pulled away and he gave his father a much shorter hug.

"I'll bring some proper beer." He stated and Joe laughed.

"Thanks dad."

"Thanks for dinner Demi!" Denise called into the living room and she soon appeared in the doorway.

"It's not a problem, see you soon." They all said their final goodbyes before Denise and Paul left, Nick had left not long ago wanting to get home not too late. They were due to get snow tonight.

"You sit down, I'll get Jack to bed and tidy up a bit." Joe demanded as they both headed into the living room.

"I'm capable of doing a bit Joseph." Demi demanded.

"You shouldn't be lifting Jack at least." Joe demanded back.

"Why?" Jack whined. "Mommy's back still hurting?" Joe gave Demi a look and Demi sighed avoiding eye contact.

"You lied to him?"

"I'm sorry Joe, I'm just scared of his reaction." Demi admitted a bit quietly and Joe bent down near Jack being careful not to make him jump. He grabbed hold of his heads squeezing them gently.

"Jack, mommy is having a baby." Joe explained even though he was fully aware Demi should be the one doing it."

"I'm going to be a big brother?" Jack questioned.

"You are but it's a bit complicated then that." Demi stated getting some more courage now Joe was here. She knew she could have done it herself now he was here. He had that kind of affect on her. Demi sat down next to Jack.

"Why?" Jack questioned.

"Because this baby doesn't have the same daddy as you, this baby has Spencer as a daddy and you have daddy daddy." Demi replied and he let out a little giggle.

"Can mommies only have one baby with the same dad?" Jack inquired.

"No but me and mommy aren't together anymore remember and she was with Spencer not long ago." Joe tried to explain but he could imagine it was a hard thing for a four year old to wrap their mind around.

"Will the new baby get to see his daddy more than I see my daddy?" Joe and Demi glanced at one another before Demi replied.

"It's only because of my job that I'm away so much, you know that." Joe stated and Jack pouted.

"Can you change your job?"

"I'm afraid not little man but I'll be here until after the new year!" Joe tried to cheer him up.

"I want to go to bed now." He mumbled and Demi sighed slightly kissing the side of his head.

"Daddy will take you, goodnight my baby boy." Demi stated and she allowed Joe to lift him up.

Joe lifted Jack into bed when he was in his pajamas pulling the covers over his body and he smiled as he glanced at Oscar getting into his bed ready for the night.

"Oscar been looking after you whilst I've been gone?" Joe questioned and Jack nodded his head gently.

"Yeah, he my best friend," Joe smiled a little more. "Daddy."

"Yes son." Joe replied still knelt down by him. He had never been a kid that enjoyed bedtime stories. They used to offer them but he always wanted to go straight to sleep.

"Is mommy having a boy like me or a girl?" Jack questioned.

"She's having another boy like you, you're going to have a little brother." Joe teased slightly poking him and he laughed.

"Did she pick that?" Joe chuckled.

"No, we don't get to pick, we get what we're given." Joe answered kissing his head gently.

"Can she take it back?" Jack inquired.

"Why? Don't you want to have a little brother around?" Joe questioned.

"Not really." Jack mumbled and took in a deep breath looking down at his son.