Opening the white lid, I empty the contents in my palm.

I have two choices now. Either I can throw this mound of evil or I can swallow it all and end everything once and for all.

My fingers close around the pills and the force crushes some of the capsules. My heart drums in my ear as my brain gets ready to make it's final choice.

I bring my hand closer to my mouth but at the exact moment my phone goes off.

I look at the caller ID.

Nathan

What a timing.

"Hello?"

"Norah, are you okay?" he asks and for a moment I get scared that he can see me through the phone.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? I knew I felt something wasn't right. What's going on?" Nathan asks in a panicked manner. He seems worried.

"I can't think straight, Nathan. I think I'm going to kill myself," I reply in a flat voice.

I don't know why I told him that. Guess my brain wasn't ready to die so soon.

I hear some shuffling.

"Norah, don't do anything stupid. I'm coming, okay? Stay with me on the phone until I get there," he says in a tone as if trying to convince a child.

"Okay," I reply in a low voice.

I close my eyes and open my fist, letting all the capsules tumble down and scatter on the floor like beads of an ornament.

"I'm not letting anything happen to you."

A tap on my car window pulled my thoughts back from reliving a burried past memory. I looked outside to see Shay and Abbey standing there in the dark. I unlocked the door and both the girls slipped inside.

"Hey, thanks for coming," Shay said with a smile.

After roaming through the streets aimlessly, I had gotten a call from Shay asking me to pick her and Abbey from the local grocery store.

"No problem," I replied and started the car again. "So where to?"

"Umm to Liam's house," Shay said and I could sense a nervousness in her voice but I was just too distracted to care.

"Alright," I said and then started driving towards Liam and Daniel's house.

The encounter with my mother had brought back memories of the night that I had forgotten long ago. It was one of the weakest points in life and if Nathan hadn't called that night, I would have ended up overdosing on the pills. I kind of owed my life to him.

I know my behavior couldn't be justified with any argument but the burden of secrets and my mother's words had pushed me to a point of no return.

"Umm, you took the wrong turn," Abbey stated from the back seat.

"Oh sorry," I said and then turned the car around.

I shook my mind to get rid of the memory but it just wasn't ready to leave. It didn't feel like the events had taken place three years ago. It seemed as if I had lived through all of that just yesterday.

"Here we are," Shay said thinking that maybe I hadn't noticed that we had reached the massive white and blue house which honestly, I really hadn't.