Chap: 3.1

When they came back, everyone was tired and wary.For days they talked about the exotic vacations.Maximus changed to his normal self, he became friendly.And Virginia felt so relieved again.She realized she needed him as a friend more than a casual hook-up.There was sexual tension between them which she could not bear but she really could not bear losing his friendship.

One evening when she was looking for something in the lockers, she stepped back and bump into Max.

"Sorry I did not see you" She apologized.

"Virginia, Can I have a date with you?"He asked her.

It was sudden and she was not ready for that.

"What?"She literally gaped at him for a whole minute and he had to snap before her eyes.

"Why?You don't do hook-ups"

"I don't but you mentioned you can do long-term relationship."

"I did not say that"

"Not exactly but you said you were interested in long-term relationships."

I lied 

"What about rules?We cant date colleagues?"It was hard for her to admit that she was lying before.

"Yes, I know, I will send you to other company,"He told her.

"What?No way"

"I know its a big loss, You were such a jewel and your presence will be missed"

"Wait, are you firing me?"She was horrified.

"No, no.I am showing you the way to date me"

"Why you want to date me?"

"Because we can date and see how it works.Maybe we are supposed to be together forever.Let's give it a try"

"What?no, I don't want anything serious and I don't want to leave this job.I love this job"

"You want to be with me as an employee instead of a girlfriend?I don't know if that's a compliment or what"

"Why I have to suffer all the loss?If we date why not you leave the office?"

"You want me to quit this place?"He was amused.

"No, the place will not be same then"..."I am just saying this"

"Do you want to date with me or not?"

"I can't do serious things, I can't" She was getting a bit jittery.

"Ok alright.You said that you can do long-term relationships"

"No, I don't want that"

"Then what do you want?"

"I want you"

...

He blinked in response and did not reply.

"Yes I want you but not at the cost of my job.Let's date secretly and none will know.And let's have fun only, with no strings attached.Why do you want to tie yourself in relationships?You are so young and handsome...and rich."She spoke and ran her hand over his arm suggestively.

"I don't think like that Virginia.If we date we will marry in the end unless something really separates us"He spoke in an absolute manner.

Trust me, there will be things that will separate us.

He looked hurt and she stepped forward.

It was the time to hit the nail.The devil in her was smiling at her and the heat was at its peak.He wanted her.She ran her fingers over his collar and looked up into his eyes.He looked down.