Chap:10

It was a lazy afternoon of Sunday and Max was trying to work.Virginia was not at home and it caused his anguish.He was trying to focus on the screen but he kept on thinking about her.She never vanished like that since last eight months.

Did she go to meet his old casual sex buddies again?

He wondered and a strange pain erupted in his heart.He shook his head.As the time was passing he was getting more and more irked.Since last eight months he became accustomed to the thought that Virginia is not seeing anyone except him.And now when he had built that hope,it was hard to let it go.

Virginia came in the evening.He was sitting in his study and he waited for her.She came with a big smile and hugged him while he was sitting on his chair.She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheeks.She smelled like chocolate chip cookies and she had some flour on her neck.Probably she was in some cooking class.

"Virginia ,where have you been?"Max asked him in a plain voice,unwrapping her arms and turning to her.He did not look angry at all but there was something off that scared Virginia.Max held her wrists gently and she looked down,standing before him.Max looked up at her face from his seat.

"I was in cooking class"She replied looking down.

"And you did not bother to tell me?"

She had no answer for that.She looked at the side to avoid his strong quizzical glare but it was penetrating her face.

"It was a surprise"She could only say.

Max exhaled deeply and said"Ok...but we need to talk about out sex life"

"We don't have one"Virginia said innocently and mercilessly,Max chuckled.

"I know,we don't have any.And i being the responsible for that,can't force you to celibate with me.But Virginia,i can't go on like this.I can't see you having casual sex partners under the table...I don't know if i am asking you too much"

"No,you are not.But what if you never get an erection?"

Max could not help smiling.

"Don't worry.I will"

"But what if you don't?Like never ever?"

Max's smile got deeper.

"I will,i know i will"

...

"Virginia i know you are sex addict and i have erectile dysfunction of it own kind.But i can't do an open relationship anymore.I can't"

Virginia took the wrists from his hand and put them on his shoulder.

"You got my word,i wont do it.Trust me"Virginia enforced.

"Ok,i believe you"Max agreed and Virginia walked out of the room.

"Virginia"

She looked back.

"If you did it now,this will be over between us"

Virginia only smiled and walked away.Max could now work.He went to the dinning hall at dinner.Virginia was not there yet so he went to their bedroom.She was not in the room so he opened the door of their toilet.She was sitting in the bath tub and it was filled with blood.

"Virginia"Max tried to shout and she opened her eyes and looked at the blood.

"Ohh don't worry,Its just my period"

"How many times you bleed in a month?"

"just few times,its not big deal"

"It is,Virginia.Why don't you go to a doctor?"