Chap:4

Max chased Virginia everywhere.He asked her out again and again.She suggested"no strings attached" kind of relationship.He refused, he wanted serious dates.He tried to seduce her and she tried to avoid him.She did not want to but she had to.

She could hide easily while working for him.She did not want him to realize who she really was.It was the end of the world for her.Once he knows what she did to him in school, she will be fired in a minute.She will go back to her crappy jobs and life.She did not want to go back.And now when she was so happy with her job and life, her life had become so comfortable.She could buy things, people were not mean to her.None scolded her over petty things.Her life was like a fairytale, almost.There was no prince though but who was waiting for him.And Max was there as a friend.

She believed one night could not ruin anything, instead, it could solve the issues.They would lose the interest in few nights.She could go to his place, have sex and leave with her brown lenses on.He would not know she was not a brunette.

Win-win for everyone.

But Max wanted a proper date.He wanted to go to the movies and dinners and kisses and hugs.He wanted to build a relationship, meet her parents and take her to his parents.He wanted to give them a chance.Who knows they end up together, was all his philosophy.

"You will leave me anyway," Virginia said.

"Why?"Max chuckled.

"I have issues"

"I know"

"No, you don't"

Max stepped forward and clutched her arms and looked straight into her eyes.

"Virginia, I know who you are"He spoke while his breath touched her face.Virginia was shocked.Her eyes widened and she stared up into those deep green eyes.

"I know you have issues and you have demons inside you.Those demons are stronger than you.You are scared of love but we can try"He continued and Virginia started breathing again.That one moment sucked her energy out and she just walked away without replying.

Those green eyes were everywhere around her.They were always filled with mischief and it was hard to avoid them.When she did not make eye contact for days he called her into her office and talked about some projects they were about to start soon.He was very serious and she ended up looking at his face and he gave her a devilish smile.She rolled her eyes and looked away but her breath became uneven and she licked her lips a little and looked back at him.His eyes were glued to the little tip of her tongue that just came out.His eyes were half closed.

He rose from his chair and walked to her.She froze in her seat.He stood behind her seat and then bent a little forward.She could feel his garment touching her shoulder.He stretched his arm and pointed to the file, lying before her.

She tried to remain focused.He continued with the formal details of the project.He was probably putting his other hand on the back of her seat.His warm chest was inches away from her.She could smell him, She could smell his aftershave, the musky cologne and...him.

The conversation went on and on and she turned her head to him.Those green eyes were focused on the file.That strong jaw was moving when he spoke.The shaved and clean cheeks ...

She gulped and closed her eyes and moved her face towards him.She kissed his cheek, inhaled his musky aftershave and ran her tongue over his rough skin.He stopped talking and she kept on kissing him.From his cheeks, she went on to his jawline and sucked them.He was silent and she opened her eyes.

He had turned his face to her and smiled.There was no trace of mischief in his eyes.It was a genuine and warm smile.There was a triumph in his eyes but not mockery.He looked at her lips and then in her eyes.