Chap:11

This is a chapter from the view of a third person in the novel.Some girl name Brittney shows up at Max's mansion and explains their story in this chapter.It shows how people judge others so superficially without knowing their real story.

I came to Cunningham's mansion in my summer vacations.I was actively studying towards becoming a chef.I had to show my identity at the entrance when my taxi entered the premises ,my jaw dropped and touched the ground.It was a huge,it was a castle.

I met the chef i was about to work with.Her name was Fanny and we cooked for the staff.There were chefs,the superior ones,who used to cook for Cunninghams. But they were of a superior rank and pretty old.

The place was good and i had a little tiny room which was bigger than my room back at home.I learnt a lot here from other chefs and other staff.The environment was very professional and easy and it was all because of Mr Maximus Cunningham.I heard his name a lot.Mr Cunningham does not want that,Mr. Cunningham does not like this.

When i first saw him i forgot to blink.He was so handsome and young.For some reason i believe he would be some really old man because he was so wise.All the system of kitchen and cleaning was developed by him and it was so perfect.

But when i saw him,i forgot to blink.He was walking in the hallway and i was coming out of kitchen.Mr. Brown ,our senior most chef greeted him.Mr. Cunningham shook his hand and then walked with his eyes straight. He probably saw me but did not spare me a single glance.That day i was lost in daydreams and my senior chef,Fanny,complained about my little mistakes.

Mr. Cunningham was dating someone and i heard he was head over heels for the woman.I saw her soon.She was beautiful,no doubt,but she was not what i was expecting.Mr. Cunningham was  warm,his eyes had warmth,his face was kind and he was like a compassionate father,to whom you will run in the hour of need.But his girlfriend had this cold steel blue eyes.May be she had resting bitch face,i thought to myself.But no later i realized that she was off.She did not had any connection with anyone in the staff.She just gave plain orders ,it was like talking to a fellow passenger for the first and last time.

Everyone seemed to like him,for different reasons.He was very popular among young women who always felt shy in his presence.He,on the other hand,never made any eye contact with them.He never made an eye contact with young women,never ,ever,and it made things easy for us. 

I liked him too but thing changed swiftly.There were things that put me off.At the very first day of job,i was told by Fanny that if i see Miss Virginia in the kitchen i will call Fanny or Mr. Brown.

Why

I thought and i asked my co-workers they just shrugged.

Who does that 

To his woman?

What kind of rule is that?

From the day one i felt sympathy for Miss Virginia for some unknown reason.None in the staff was fond of her and there were some people who had reasons to hate her,especially young women.There were horrible stories about her.She was not nice to Mr Cunningham.We,the staff member were safe,because Mr Cunningham was always between us.He gave us orders and he took care of everything while she only existed in the background.

Christina,the head of waiting staff had a special kind of hatred for Miss Virginia.She was young and beautiful and i guess she was desperate for Mr Cunningham attention.I just guessed that all the rumors started from her.She always tried to talk to Mr Cunningham but i saw him pressing his lips in thin line and shaking his leg impatiently.