Twenty Three: Run Away

Ellie's POV

I have been waiting at the exact spot where uncle Thomas wants me to be at. Yes, he asked me to call him Uncle Thomas. The night is so chilly and I am glad that I am covered from head to toe. A few cars passed by and I am starting to get a little anxious. Did something crop up and uncle Thomas can't meet me? I hope not.

Seconds later, a black Mercedes appears in front of me and I bend down to meet the person inside the car.

"Get on, kid. But bend down when I tell you to do so later." Uncle Thomas says and I quickly oblige it.

"The woman isn't back yet, but I'm afraid she might be home without informing us so it is better be safe." he says and I can only nod.

The car ride isn't long at all since Monique's house is just a few hundred metes up. "Don't get too nervous, kid. Nothing is going to happen I promise. Tell her the things that you want to say and hopefully the both of you can work it out. She is leaving in a few days time." he pauses and lets out a heavy sigh. "She's been calling your name even when she's asleep."

My heart aches upon hearing what he say. "Is she getting better now?" I ask, trying to sound normal though I am dead worried inside. I must appear strong in front of him so that he can entrust Monique to me.

He looks at me from his rear mirror, "You'll see it yourself. Now, bend down. Use the black cloth to cover yourself."

I move down the seat hastily and cover myself up with the big cloth. My eyes are shut and I have no idea why. I am just nervous. What if I get busted? Will that make Monique suffer more?

"It's me." I hear uncle Thomas say. "Good evening sir." Another unfamiliar voice greets him and then the car starts to move again.

"Kid, get up and wait for my signal. Go in when you hear me tap the window, alright?" He says in calm.

"Yes." I reply.

He shuts off the engine and leaves the car. I am holding my breath as he calls a few men's names. "Harry, Zayn, Louis, Liam, Niall, go and check if there's anyone outside. I saw a few drunkards just now. GO!" I hear some faint shuffling of footsteps and a few taps on the window follow after. It's time to get into action. I open the car door quietly and and step out stealthily. Uncle Thomas urges me to slip into the already open door and I obey him.

There's no one in the living room other than a domestic helper but she just greets me with a smile when she sees me. That almost scares me. "Don't worry, she's Chinese. I asked you to dress in all black because my men dress that way. Now go." Uncle Thomas pats my back and I give him a hug before I run upstairs.

"Ellie?" Violet calls out once I reach the second floor. She's holding a towel, heading towards Monique's room, I suppose. "Oh my God, you're finally here! Come quick, sister has been calling your name ever since she woke up. She doesn't look really well."

As soon as I open the door, my gaze landed at the person lying on the bed. She's whimpering and stirring on the bed, looking so pale.