Sixteen: Almost!

Monique's POV

"Good morning sunshine," I smile at Ellie who is rubbing her sleepy eyes as she stretches out her body lazily.

"Wh-whaaat mhhfff," she utters some incoherent words and I just watch her. She is so adorable.

After a few seconds, she opens her eyes and looks around. "Where am I?"

"Ellie~~" I coo. She turns her head to the side, following my voice.

"Monique?" She asks with her confused face as she sits up her body.

I move myself close in front of her to snap her back to reality, "You took a nap on my bed, silly."

"I did?" She says, pointing to herself with another confused face. "Hmm, that's refreshing. Your bed is so soft."

I cover my mouth as I let out a few giggles, then I run my fingers through her messy fringe to fix it. "You slept for 2 hours or so. And... I like watching you sleep."

"You what? No way! My mouth is half open when I sleep though. It's so embarrasing!" She buries her face on my pillow.

"It's okay. You look so cute when you drool anyway." I let out a laugh upon seeing her digging her face on the pillow even more while shaking her head. "Hey, I'm just kidding. Stop crying."

"I'm not crying." She stops whining and puts down the pillow. I smile at her, studying how cute her face is when it's flushed, for a few seconds.

"Are you hungry?" I ask after seeing the clock hits 4pm.

"After eating 7 pieces of pancakes? Ahmm, nope." She shakes her head, pressing her lips together.

"Heeyy, I made those for you!" I pout and look down to my fingers.

How dare her complain about my pancakes. They taste good though. I have never cooked for anyone my entire life. I can't even fry an egg. I made an effort to cook for her but it seems like it's nothing to her. This is way painful than I thought.

"Ayy, I was just kidding. Don't feel bad. I'm sorry." She takes my hands in hers and looks at me apologetically.

I keep quiet and continue to stare at our hands.

"Monique?"

"Hey.."

"I'm sorry."

"Pls, talk to me?"

I can hear her but I decide to just ignore her. I'm really upset about it.

"Monique~" she calls out softly once again and I hold my gaze up to look at her.

She throws me a smile when our eyes met, "I'm really sorry? I promise I won't joke about it anymore. Can you please forgive me?" When you see her doing the puppy style, I swear you could melt.

I am melting.

"You better be." I say, still trying to act sour as I take my hands out from her grip.

We stay like that for a while, just looking at each other. What does she see? Does she see my flaws? Will she still want me after knowing me?

I feel insecure all of a sudden. I have never loved before and here I am, trying to figure out what the girl that I'm in love with is thinking about.

"Oh, your hoodie," I say as I suddenly remember that. It's also a good chance to escape away from all these crazy thoughts.

Before I could jump out of bed, she grabs my wrist and pulls me back on the bed. "You can do that later. I want to watch you." She says with her eyes looking at me affectionately.