Five: The Plan

Ellie's POV - Continuation from Chapter Three

The last time I saw her was that Friday night. It has been five days then.

Today is Wednesday and the most busy day for me. I have lessons till late evening and I have to rush off to help my parents with their work. My parents are very traditional and they own an eatery near my school which sells burgers.

Sometimes, I will invite my friends over and my parents know them well. Yam and James even call my parents the same as I do.

"Heyy Ellie! Stop daydreaming. Let's hurry up and finish this equation first." Yam's voice rings in my head and I blink a few times as I look at her. "Pssh. C'mon. What are you thinking about again? You'll see her soon I promise, okay?" Says Yam, patting my head.

"Who knows?" I reply and sit up properly.

Right now, we are having math lesson and the teacher said that if we could finish the ten questions, we can go for eearly break.

Currently, we are at our last equation. And yes, Yam and I take advanced Math while the rest take elementary Math. Well, we love math.

"Yay!" Yam cheers, solving the last equation.

I am just a step behind her, which is not bad. Don't you get deceived by Yam, she may look a very naughty type of person whoo doesn't give a damn about her studies, but actually, she is the top few students in our cohort. I am just somewhere among the second notch.

We hand in our papers to Mr. Blue and he's rather impressed as we finish it way faster. "Alright, go for your break now, girls." He says and waves us off.

Without further ado, Yam pulls me out of the classroom after grabbing our bags and brings me to the school café.

There is no other people as they are still having lesson. Right, she looks as if she is up to something.

"Do you want to eat anything?" She asks with a dont-you-dare-eat-anything look.

I lick my dry lips and shake my head. She smiles in satisfaction and looks around carefully. She asks me to move closer to her, "We've got a plan."

I raise my eyebrows and look at her in amusement, "What plan?"

"You dumb dumb! Plan for youu to get the girl." She purses her lips.

I chuckle awkwardly and rub the back of my neck as I feel my face getting hotter at the mention of the girl.

"Well, yeah." I manage to find some words. Are they even appropriate?

Yam rolls her eyes and checks the surrounding once again. She pulls me by my right shoulder, closer to her and whispers carefully, "But we need you to take the first step."

I widen my eyes, shifting back to look at her. "What?!"

"You ain't got the balls. Yeah. We knew it." Yam smirks and teases me.

"Well duh. But what do you mean by that first step? Like first step of what?" I ask meticulously.

Yam waves at someone who says hi to her from outside of the café. I swear, the girl looks as if she's going to faint when Yam beams her charming smile. "First step is to ask for her name."

"What? What if she finds me creepy? Err no! It's too risky! I don't want to leave a bad impression on her."

Yam laughs at my response and I see the girl outside fangirling when Yam throws her head back as she laughs. What? What's so attractive about that? I think I will look like a donkey if I do that. No one has ever told me that I am attractive, alright?