Nineteen: My Girl is Jealous

Ellie's POV - One Month Later

"Happy monthsary, babe!" I chirp as soon as Monique walks out of her school gate.

She looks at me, surprised and then a blush appears on her face. Her friend who I assume is Sophie, nudges her to walk forward.

I wait patiently with the bouquet of roses in my hands and a bright smile on my face.

"Thank you, Ellie," she whispers as she receives the roses from me.

I grin widely when I notice that her blush is still not fading away. "Let's go somewhere else. There are too many people here." She says and pulls me away after saying a quick goodbye to the gril who was with her just now.

We walk to the alley where we always meet up at and the moment she makes sure no one is around, she throws her arms around my neck and pulls me into a deep kiss. I can taste happiness in her kiss.

"Thank you so much, Ellie." She says again after she pulls away and looks at the roses with much admiration.

"Anything for you," I smile and hold her by her waist. "Shall we go over to my place? There is no one at home. I have prepared a special meal for you." I say and let my thumbs caress the sides of her waist.

She nods in response and dives in to another tight hug before our body part away.

"I am sorry about the roses though." I comment as we start walking to the bus stop.
She looks at me with a puzzled look and asks, "Why?"

I wiggle my eyebrows at her and say, "Because you're more beautiful than them. I can't find anything to match with your beauty. I am sorry." She hits my shoulder playfully and takes a long sniff at the roses.

"You're such a sweet talker, don't ever let me find out that you're doing this to the girls in your school." She sends me a deathly glare and follows by a sweet smile.

I stick my tongue out at her and take her hand in mine when I see that our bus is coming. "Let's run!" I say loudly as I look back for a split second to smile at her.

"That's crazy!" She pants after we board the bus successfully.

This is the first time I am running after a bus. Usually, I'd be too lazy to run and I'd rather wait for the next bus even if I had to wait for 20 minutes.

I have found a seat next to a man who doesn't look evil. The bus is too crowded so there's no other seats left for me. I don't want her to stand and torture her legs so I stand beside her quietly.

"Don't you want to sit?" She asks as she tugs on the hem of my shirt lightly and looks up.

I shake my head with a light smile and say, "It's okay. I want to stand beside you." She chuckles softly and continues holding onto my shirt, as if we would be separated if she loosened the grip.

Nonetheless, I still feel happy that she's right beside me.

A moment later, the bus becomes even more packed. I have to shift a little inside and Monique's hand is no longer holding my shirt. I saw her pout as I looked back before I shift aside. She is so adorable. I keep an eye on her just in case she faces any trouble. But the bus ride goes on smoothly and peacefully.

Until the girl beside me bumps onto my shoulder when the bus halts suddenly.

Isn't this scene a little too familiar?

I help her steady herself and she thanks me softly after that. I tell her to hold onto the pole and she gives me a smile that I can't fathom.

Monique's POV