Seventeen: One Sweet Day

Ellie's POV - A week after Chapter 16

"Hello?" I answer as soon as I see the name flashing on my phone screen.

"Ellie, are you free later?" She asks me with her cute voice. It sounds almost like Ellie, can you be free later so I can see you?

"Yes, why?" I ask.

"Yay! Come and fetch me at school, will you? I want to go out with you today since it is Friday!" She says enthusiastically.

"Alright, I will pick you up at 2pm okay? I end my lesson at 1 30." I say as I look at my timetable.

"Then I will wait for you since I end mine at 1pm. Alright, see you soon, Ellie. Bye!" She chirps.

"Bye." I reply and hang up.

I place my phone under my table and then I notice the burning stares piercing through my back. I slowly turn my head around and I am right, my friends are eyeing me like a piece of meat with their hawk eyes.

"What?" I ask them with an eyebrow raised.

"Who was that?" asks Lily skeptically.

"You know who." I reply shortly.

I can't be bothered to tell them what exactly happened few days ago. They would probably shoot me tonnes of questions which make me suffocate and just leave me dying there.

"Monique?" Lily probes. I simply nod and take out my lecture notes.

"Hey, when will you ever tell us what happened?" asks Yam with a little agitated tone as she snatches my lecture notes away from the table.

I stare at her and grab my notes back. "I told you nothing," I say and straighten my crumpled end notes.

Yam rolls her eyes as she purses her lips. "We helped you and yet you don't want to share with us. Fine."

I remain quiet and pretend to read my notes. They are buzzing and I don't intend to catch what they are talking about so I just let my mind wander to last Sunday. It was a really good time spent with the love and we just grew closer than before, which is a very good thing for me. Well, we didn't have our first kiss yet because we were afraid something similar might happen again.

Lock the door? No, Monique's door can't be locked.

"Ellie," Toni calls out and looks at me with a displeased look. I bob my head once to tell her to continue and she sighs, "Alright, we don't want to know what happened between the two of you anymore. But we are really happy that you and her grow closer. No matter what, we will be there for you, alright?"

That's what I want to hear. I don't really like sharing too, have I ever told you about it? But since they're my friends, there might be exceptions some times.

"Thank you," I smile earnestly to them, then my lecturer walks in with huge pile of notes tucks under his arm.

"Alright class, we will be having an extra lesson til 2:30pm today. Now, please put your bag, books, handphone, and notes in front of the classroom. We are going to have a short test." He announces.

My eyes widen as I hear his announcement. What, this can't be! I have to meet Monique at 2! This is ridiculous. I say under my breath.

I take my phone under my table to secretly try to tell Monique about the news. But the lecturer's eyes work like a lightning.

"Ms. Ellie Carlson, didn't you understand my instruction? Or you want a detention?"

I quickly slip my phone into my bag with much reluctance and walk hastily to the front of the class room to carry out his instruction.