Obvious Objection

Violet, being the sweetest friend in the world, brought me some clothes from the house to look presentable at court. The officers had told me even if I just wore the hospital gown I would of still won the case. Connor wasn't having it though. He made Violet and Bailey get me clothes in order to cover up what was his. My brother Shane was the first one there. He made sure he took out as much evidence we needed in order to make this simple and quick. He worried it would have affected me. Yet, it didn't. I felt happy. Even if they are my parents. I don't love them anymore as I used to. I don't want them. I just want my friends, brother, boyfriend and Nanny. It was almost time for us to begin. I held onto Violet. I was forced to sit alone in the beginning because of Shane answering some questions to the press. My parents hadn't arrived yet but, I felt myself getting nervous already just thinking about them.

I scared

I know but this will all be over soon.
____________________________________

"Tell every incident that ever happened, what you saw including injuries and from past experiences."  The lawyer didn't hesitate to begin.

Shane held my hand when my parents walked in. The flashes were going off as soon as the door opened. The press were jumping from there seats to get questions answered. He held me close to him and kissed my forehead as they stood by the table close to us.

"We will win" he whispered.

I felt my fathers eyes on me. My eyes did not leave the ground. Shane held me tighter when my father called out to me. I felt my throat become tighter. I couldn't breathe.

"Stay quiet." The judge yelled.

"Baby tell them we did nothing" my mother laughed "tell them what a whore you are"

"Quiet!" The judge yelled once more

"We did nothing!" My father yelled.

"Sit here on your thrown baby girl!" Mother screamed "Your fathers legs are right here"

Shane yelled at them and father quickly got up. The cops held him down. I had gone numb.
____________________________________

It had been three full hours of pure evidence from my side. My eyes were tearing up knowing we were sending them away so soon. Yet, I was happy. I'm happy. We were winning. We were saving these girls.

"Please come towards me miss Lucy" The judge asked.

He stepped down and walked towards me. Putting his weak little arm around my shoulder and looking out to the press.

"This young lady here has saved thousands of lives. Society today will remember this and her for the rest of their lives. May god watch over this child and make sure you write on your papers that this young lady is the most heroic teen yet."

Shane looked at me and smiled. Along with Violet, Bailey, Connor, and Nanny. My mother began to cry and scream saying how this was unfair. How one pathetic girl could stop two powerful people. The judge, with his wrinkled hand which was slightly trembling, began to whisper.

"Thank you for saving them."

"You're very welcome"

"No, I mean it thank you"

"Why is that?"

"You had found my granddaughter"

____________________________________

Within the four days of jury and help from the police department we not only stopped my parents but caught multiple criminals in the act. As said by the judge, we had won the case since the beginning but, to extend their file we continued on. As a daughter, a best friend, a girlfriend, and hero I not only put the hatred away from my parents but made sure they knew I was happy without them. I made sure they knew I smiled.