No Notes

I moved as fast as I could, I ran for my book bag and stuffed all the necessities.

"Take nana, don't worry about us princess." Toby said with his eyes all watery.

I took some panties, bra, pair of sneakers, socks, money, sunglasses, flashlight, walkie talkie, shirts, brush and Nana. I ran to the bathroom and took my toothbrush and toothpaste, then I ran to the kitchen grabbing some food and Nana's food. She began to meow from how much I moved her. My eyes were getting watery and I began to shake, but I kept going. I grabbed some water and tried to quickly find my brother's knife within the cabinets that he had for "emergencies". I grabbed a towel and headed out the back door.

-You have the walkie talkie right?-

-Please tell me that's you big brother-

-It's me don't worry just run before they find you, don't head to Nanny's cause they are already by her place and don't head to Violets-

I started to run faster, I heard some cars pull up by my house and heard voices yell. I hid a couple blocks away behind a shed. I started to hear sirens and it sounded like my parents were already a couple steps ahead of me, they began blocking the streets close to us and had the cops searching around the perimeter of where I lived. I ran again. This time trying to jump over fences.

"I found her!" One of the officers yelled.

I heard Nana cry out from the shaking. My body was giving out, I could feel the adrenaline slowly dying out because of how tired I was getting. I can't run for so long due to my pathetic lungs. I was getting exhausted.

"Block her!"

I saw them around me, they were all aiming the pistol straight at me. I didn't do anything wrong, all I did was try to run away from my pathetic horrible parents. My lungs were giving out now, I could barely breathe.

"Leave me alone!" I forced it out.

I kept turning to see each and everyone block my exit.

"We have her" one said to the walkie talkie.

I took mine out and showed them.

"Put it down!"

"Let me talk to my brother!"

"Put it down now!"

I clicked the button and took a deep breathe.

"Shane don't wait for me, I love you big brother" I cried "they have me, just go forget about me!".

They got closer and began yelling at me. I covered my ears and fell to the ground.

"Leave me alone!"

Everything slowed down around me. I looked up and noticed him standing by the bush. His eyes were red and watery and his arm was stretched out as if he tried to reach something, his lips mouthed the words "Lucy", I tried to grab him but then a sharp pain was in the back of my head and I blacked out.

"Wake up" the voice said faintly "wake up!" It echoed.

I felt my head throbbing, ankles hurting, and wrist stinging.

"Wake up you pathetic little girl"

My eye lids felt heavy, I tried to move around but couldn't. I began opening my eyes and noticing a blurry figure in front of me, I could hardly keep them open but I tried to see who was in front of me. It was my mother.

"You pathetic child" she grabbed my face "If only you would cooperate this wouldn't happen"

She walked around me pulling on my hair.