Yellow Yarn

We began driving back home. Violet sat in the front with Bailey while I sat in the back with Nanny and nana.

"Sweetie I'll be making your favorite meal of all time." Nanny smiled

"Thank you Nanny but may I help you?"

"Of course you may!" She hugged me.

Violet turned around and smiled.

"Yes?" I smiled

"Even after all this you are still prettier then me"

Bailey had tapped her leg. She giggled and gently touched my knee.

"I'm glad to have my best friend back"

"I'm glad to be back and be near my best friend too"

We were around the corner of my home when I noticed balloons and signs outside my home:

-Welcome back-
-Worlds Greatest Hero-
-You Are My Hero <3-
-#IAmLucyStrong-
-Lucy!<3-

I stepped out of the car and noticed a crowd near my home. The camera crew was there as well and paparazzi began flashing there cameras at the car.

"Run as fast as you can okay Lucy" Bailey insisted.

"Okay"

He parked the car in the driveway next to Shane's car. I stepped out and heard the screams of everyone cheering. I grabbed Nanny by the hand and held nana.

"Lucy! Lucy!" Paparazzi screamed
"Lucy! Over here!"

A lady with a camera walked over to me with a mic blocking the door.

"Lucy! A question what will you do now?"

I stopped and stuttered.

"W-well" I stopped to think "I'm going to spend time with family and friends"

"And who is this Lucy?"

They pointed to Nanny.

I smiled and looked at Nanny.

"This is my mom" I began to cry "the mom who I always called Nanny, the one who actually took care of me and raised me"

Nanny hugged me tight and began to cry as well. Bailey stood in front of us yelling at the camera crew to back up. Violet took the both of us as we headed inside.

"Oh Lucy my dear you don't mean it do you?"

Shane came up to both of us curious as to why we were crying. I had told him what I said to the camera crew. He looked at me and Nanny and smiled.

"Yes yes, she does mean it." Shane held Nanny tight "you have been our mother since day one and we love you so much"

"I have babies, I finally have my babies"
____________________________________

We all sat down on the couch eating the dinner mommy, Shane, and I prepared. Connor, Bailey, and Violet were asked to step outside by cops to answer a few questions from the press.

"Mommy?" I asked

"Yes baby?"

"Your gonna live with us right?"

She looked at Shane, who nodded.

"I guess I will sweetie."

Her smile grew from ear to ear. I held her hand and looked at Shane who looked relieved.

"Hey little sister"

"Yes big brother?"

"You ready to start a new life with everyone you have now"

I looked at everyone even nana who was playing with her ball of yellow yarn near my toes.

"New life?" I asked

"Yes, it will be you, me, mommy, Bailey, Violet, and Connor"

"Even nana?"

He laughed "yes even nana"

I looked at nana once more who was so hyper and happy with her toy. I looked at mommy who was still smiling and once more at Connor, Bailey, and Violet out the window.

"Yes, I'm ready"