Daddy Date

Everything seemed slow. The cops flashing lights were blinding. The noise was irritating. I felt better, but not completely. I saw my friends talk to the cops about what happened. Connor and Shane explained what my parents had been doing and the connection towards it. I felt little fall asleep.

Sleep little one.

But daddy.

Don't worry you'll see him later.

I felt her thoughts calm down. She deserved the rest for what she and I had been through. Nana laid on my lap asleep while the paramedic checked me for any injuries. The young brunette paramedic held me a blanket, juice, and a sandwich.

"It's my lunch, but I think you need it more than I do." She smiled

"Thank you" I softly said

"That's a cute cat you have"

"Her name is nana"

"Nana? That's a cute name"

"Do you have a cat?"

"No, I'm more of a dog person but I think they are cute when they are small as her"

She smiled. She got up and patted me on me shoulder mouthing the words everything will be okay. I felt better. My body and eyelids felt heavy. I poked a whole in the juice box as fast as I could and began drinking. I didn't want to fall asleep, I refused to fall asleep now. I opened the ziplock and took out the sandwich eating it as soon as I took it out. My body felt even better. The turkey sandwich was the greatest thing I've ever eaten.

"Someone seems hungry" the paramedic said

"Very, you make very good sandwiches" I continued to eat.

"Why thank you"

Nana woke up and began to meow for food. I gave her little bits of turkey and bread. Connor began to walk towards me. I smiled and continued to feed nana.

"Hey, you okay?"

"I'm good"

"Good, sit tight" he kissed my forehead and held me close to his chest "were heading to the hospital soon"

"Why?"

"We gotta make sure everything is okay with you silly"

"Speaking of getting her to the hospital" the paramedic jumped onto the ground "we are actually taking her now, care to join?"

Connor turned to me and smiled. He agreed and told my brother he would be going with me. Bailey, Shane, and Violet were staying behind to help the police capture my parents and shut down their business.

____________________________________

The ride to the hospital was more than what I expected. Connor placed his lips on mine so much, nana started getting jealous. My legs were on top of his. My head was sunken into his chest and he held me tightly with the blanket whispering how much he began love to me and how he would do anything to make my life better. Once we were at the hospital he carried me to my room and refused to leave my side the entire time we were there. The nurses begged him to leave me alone at times but he would pick me up and hold me close saying no one would take me away from him again. The nurses eventually let him stay with me the entire time.
My room was bright, the soft colored pink walls relaxed me. I was at peace. The officers said they would let me relax here for a couple of days until I was safe to leave the hospital. Once we were alone he asked if I wanted a nice bubble bath. I happily said yes. He ran to the bathroom, made sure the water was perfectly warm for me, and even got the nurses to get fresh towels for me and food. He closed the room door and went to the side of the bed picking me gently and took me to the bathroom. He closed the door and began to undress me.