Red Rain

Emma was leaving today. She stayed in my room, laying next to me. Her mother walked into the room with a blanket and a cookie.

"She is so adorable." I whispered

"She's a little bundle of joy isn't she"

"She really is."

Her father picked her up and said goodbye to Connor and I. Emma was still sleeping when her dad picked her up.

"I thank you so much."

"No need to thank me."

"I truly do, we have had a rough year." Her eyes began to water "Emma almost left us from this world, but if it wasn't for the television being on..."

She paused

"Your name popped up, and as soon as the mentioned on the news how you were a real life hero.. I swear she woke up and her heartbeat was back."

The mother came up to me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you my angel."

I hugged her tight. I felt her tears run down onto my cheek. She was shaking. Her breathes were heavy, but she began to smile. She let go and thanked Connor and I for letting her stay over. She handed me some drawings Emma had done for me yesterday. She asked nicely if she could take a picture of Connor and I to give to Emma when she wakes up. We both stood close to each other and made a heart with our hand. She took the picture, thanked us again, and left.

"She did such a cute drawing" I smiled

"Let me see"

"See the trees and the puddles"

"What's with the red rain?"

"I guess she ran out of crayons"

"Looks like blood"

"Don't be mean, it's cute"

He walked over to the window watching the clouds move. I turned around and followed him. The glass was cold but felt nice against my warm skin.

"You know.." he paused "Emma is a beautiful name."

"It really is."

"It would be a beautiful name for our daughter"

I quickly glanced at him. His smile warmed my heart. He pulled me in closer and kissed my forehead.

"Don't be so shocked."

"I'm just not sure what to say."

"Say yes" he giggled "say that is going to be a nice name for our daughter."

"Yes"