Z

I placed my keys down onto the kitchen table. The sun started to peek out over the mountain, it was approximately eight in the morning. The morning jog I had taken was shorter then what I expected it to be. I grabbed a glass of orange juice from the fridge and proceeded outside to the balcony. Nana was sitting on the fence, staring into a nest filled with baby birds chirping. Her old little self was deciding wether to go and venture out while her kittens laid pilled near a spot where the sun shined. It was warm day, everything was awake, but I felt like something was missing.
I headed upstairs where Connor was sleeping as well as Mommy. I opened Mommy's door only to see she wasn't there. I went over to our room and found Connor had been missing too.

"Where is everyone?"

They gone?

"I'm not sure"

I walked downstairs to the basement and still found no one. The kittens had woken up and followed me around the house, as did Nana.

"Nana sweetie where did everyone go?"

She sat there licking her paw. Once she was done she looked at me and blinked. She tiptoed her way to the door as her kittens followed. She meowed and demanded me to open it.

"Outside?"

I opened it and her kittens ran out. She meowed and called them back to her. She walked as if she knew where she was going. We headed towards Violet and Baileys house. Ever since we had moved from my original town, we decided to live closer. We had moved up to the mountain area where it was calmer and cameras and news reporters were less likely to bother us. For the four years we spent here it seemed to have worked. Nana eventually walked inside their house, along with her kittens. I opened the door and found no one again. Nana meowed from the backyard, I proceeded and found Violet, Mommy, and Bailey sitting in the back.

"Wouldn't it just be nice" Mommy said

"Well well we'll, if it isn't Lucy" bailey laughed

"Why are you all up so early?" I asked

"We wanted to set the decorations out" Violet said

"That's sweet, thank you Vi, speaking of that where are they?"

"They should be inside"

"Maybe by the play area" bailey said

"Thank you"

I headed towards the stairs, the kittens played around my legs as I tried to take the first step.

"Now now be careful"

I heard their little giggles, which caused the kittens to sprint up to them. I continued, once I hit the top of the stairs I heard the slamming of toys against the furniture become louder and louder.

"No don't do that baby"

I walked in to see Connor with the babies. He held Bailey and Violets baby in his arms while trying to push our little girl away from the furniture.

I walked in and kissed him on the head

"Hi baby, how was your jog?"

"It went well"

"That's good"

"So how is our little birthday girl?"

"Doing good, just a mess cause Don took a toy from her"

I picked her up. Her sweet baby scent spread once I lifted her. She had daddy's eyes and skin tone as well. Her lips had been mine as well as her hair and cute little ears.

"Ma-ma!" She said

"Hi sweetie" I said in a baby voice while giving her kisses "you ready for your party?"

She laughed and gave me kisses back.

"Baby"

"Yes?"

"Not you baby, I meant Zoey"

____________________________________

Mommy had made her special cake just for zoey. It was covered in cute little hearts and roses just for her. Bailey's, violets, and Connors family were all here to celebrate her birthday. Shane and mommy were the only family from my side, but I couldn't of been happier. We all sang happy birthday to Zoey, opened presents and even played games just for her. I took tons of photos that night. My wish had finally come true, my family was together, I got the man I loved and had a baby with him. We were all safe.

Even the stuffies were all safe too.

This was the beginning of a new chapter in my life.
____________________________________

14 Years later:

I was finally eighteen. My mom and dad allowed me study abroad in New England for college. I noticed how famous my parents story was when I came overseas. Most of the students and teachers recognized me, not only from my parents but because of my grandmother, Nanny. My cousin Don was unfortunately able to come along with me and go to the same college as me as well as Jon and Jane, uncle Shane's kids. We are all very close and are inseparable.

My parents continuously told me about their story and what had happened to my original grandfather and grandmother. I've written to them a few times, only because to hurt them for what they had done. Mom spoke of a secret she held within her, her "other self" or as dad loves to call it her "little princess" side. I believed to have gotten that to. My little side enjoys to come out. I had some trauma happen to me thanks to the kids back at my old school. This is why my cousins and I came here. My parents worried not only for my sake but because of them as well. My uncle bailey and auntie Violet had Don and two twin girls Sophie and Allison. My uncle Shane of course had Jon and Jane as well as their youngest Jake. My parents had me and my younger brother Mason we are their two treasures.

____________________________________

"Happy birthday Zoey!" Everyone said.

"Happy birthday baby" I held her tight

"Happy birthday sweetie we love you" Connor smiled.

The End: February 19, 2018