Chapter 26: I Miss You

Ivan and I had taken a shower together and went to bed. I was still lost in life and clinging to the one person who has shown me love. Yes, he hurt me, but the fact that he is trying to earn my trust back and seems to actually care about me is going a long way to earning it. We were in bed, tangled in each other when I couldn't stop thinking about where the boys were.

                "Ivan, are you awake?" It was the tiniest whisper I could manage.

                Groggily he replied, "Yes. Sleep."

                "Where are Daemon, Grey and Mac?" I couldn't help I, I had to ask.

                Rolling me over, he faced my and sighed. "In America with parents. Parents bring pack. We fight. Parents not happy we mate. Parents angry we have pup. Parents fight to take you. I kill Beta. They kill Beta. I kill half pack. They run. No one take you. You stay. My mate. My love."

                Holy crap. He just said he killed half my parents pack. Maybe he meant his pack killed half of their pack. "Did you mean your pack killed half of their pack?"

                "No. I kill. Pack safe in house. Parents afraid. Run fast. Take boys. Mac not happy. Mac fight. Mac suffer."

                No, no, no, no, no. Mac can't be dead. He was the decent one of the three. "Mac is dead?"

                "Mac here. In house. Not dead. Hurt. Bad hurt. Mac no leave you." He said with sadness in his voice.

                "Is Mac a prisoner or is he on your side?" I wanted to clear that up and make sure Mac was safe.

                "Mac on your side. He say stay with you. I angry.  Parents angry. Mac fight everyone. He no leave you." Wow I can't believe that Mac left Kate, dream Barbie to stay with me.

                "Can I see Mac?" Ivan paused for a moment and then looked guilty. He nodded his head and slid out of bed. I followed after him in my pajamas. He took me down to the cells where his mom was. I saw Mac in a room on a bed with his right leg missing, a bandage over left eye, and his left arm was wrapped over his chest. He was barely breathing and looked dead. The door was open so I let myself in.

                "Mac, I am so sorry. I didn't know. Please be okay. I miss you Mac. Please be okay." I just kept murmuring words to him to let him know I was there. His breathing evened out after a while. I ended up next to him in his bed caressing his half missing arm much to Ivan's irritation. He made it quite known with is constant grumbling.

                After a few day of staying in Mac's room with his unconscious body, I went upstairs to take a long bath instead of my mini showers. I hadn't seen much of Ivan except when he brought me food, clothes and to kiss me goodnight. I know he was not happy about this, but I had a feeling I know who took Mac's leg off. I was drying my hair and getting ready to go back to Mac's room when Ivan came in breathing hard and yelling that Mac's awake.

                I have never run so fast without tripping in my life. I made it to Mac's room and watched as he opened his one eye and smiled at me. I ran to him and gave him a hug and a million kisses. He tried to talk, but I couldn't understand him. No one could.

                Ivan came over and gently moved me out of the way. He leaned closer to Mac for what I though was to listen better, but instead he bit him, hard. Mac was bleeding. I started to yell at Ivan and he said that Mac missed me and was glad to see my face. I realized he just accepted Mac into his pack for me just so we can be together. I truly am starting to love that man. Mac didn't look as pleased as I thought he would.

                We sat for a few hours while Ivan translated everything Mac was mind linking. Mac looked like he wanted to converse with me, but I couldn't understand him and his garbled words. Ivan explained that my parents were hiding me from Ivan, but only so they could build an alliance with another pack and try to birth a generation that could rival Ivan in strength. Mac tried to tell me throughout the years and Grey almost let it slip a few times, but no one would translate and Grey was trying to protect his mate. The one I never knew he had. Apparently, Grey had a pregnant mate that he found the day he turned 18. I have never wanted to hug and punch Grey so much at one time. They were all supposed to go to University together, but Mac just wanted to stay near me. Ivan said Mac liked my strength and was livid that everyone would treat me this way. He said it was because of his father that he understands how I feel and he feels like a brother to me.

                Iwas weeping the whole time and not letting go of his hand, his only hand. Themoment Ivan stopped talking and Mac looked at me I started to seethe. Myparents had tried to kill the one person in their pack who actually cared aboutme because they wanted to use my ovaries for their agenda. They truly never didlove me. My brother, no Daemon will never meet his nephew or niece. Daemon knewall of this and never tried to help me? I would never refer to him as a brotheragain. We may have shared a womb, but that seemed to be all that we had incommon. After all that I have been through in the past few weeks, I havelearned enough to know that my family is dangerous and that Ivan loves me.