Chapter 12: Maybe I Can Help

I was enamored with how he spooned me all night. I didn't love how he wouldn't let me wash myself afterward. The odor was foul and the feeling of sticky goo was not appealing. If I wasn't allowed to bathe in the near future, I might've thrown a tantrum. I thought that was general knowledge of personal hygiene, bathe yourself regularly. I was not about to rock the boat when he was being so patient and caring with me. My decisions to argue and defy my situation had been terrible and led me into this disaster. What harm could come from going with the flow?

Monday morning, the last day of freedom before school started, was not pleasant. Ivan had to go to work and that meant I was home alone. I asked if I could come with him and he declined stating that I needed to rest. That may have been true, but I didn't want to sit around all day and relive the past few days. I sat in bed and grabbed a book I found earlier on the nightstand. I almost forgot that I smelled like sex and felt like I had a bulldozer run me over. Since Hulk wasn't there to stop me, I took a long, warm shower, changed the sheets and got back in with my book trying to distract myself.

A little while later the doorbell rang. I got dressed and ran to open it. On the other side was a beautiful woman who looked vaguely like Ivan. When she barged in, she sniffed me as she walked past. I looked down and realized I grabbed a tank top. His bite was very visible. At least the scent of sex and sweat was gone.

"Where is my brother?" She snarled at me with the heaviest accent I have ever heard.

"He is at work. Maybe I can help you." I offered with a very insincere smile. I disliked this woman already and wanted to gone.

"You are his mate? You are tiny and useless. You should not have mated him. He has a mate in our pack. Our father is ready for him to come home. He needs to come home and mate with Katarina." Huh. He already had a mate ready for the taking. I didn't think you could have more than one of them, but what do I know? Maybe he could have a harem.

"I will pass along the information. He will probably be on the next flight." I said truthfully. He didn't seem to like it here and any chance to put his amazing five step plan into action sounded like a blessing, for him.

"He can only have one mate. He will kill you to mate with Katarina. You should have not mated with him. I will tell him when he gets home. I will wait." Yeah, this bitch needed to leave and so did I. I didn't want to die because my mate didn't want me. It's great that I found this shit out after I gave myself to him. There are those excellent decision making skills again.

"You can wait here, but I need to go grocery shopping. You know how much Ivan can eat, an entire deer apparently. I'll be back later." I grabbed my purse and headed out. I called an Uber to get me out of there since my car was still not fixed and it was easily tracked. I had my debit card from the bank that I had just opened and hopefully Daemon didn't know about, but I was still in a tank top without a bra and sporting some amazing boxers that weren't mine. Best part was I didn't even have shoes on. I was pretty sure Ivan's crazy sister probably noticed, but she didn't seem inclined to stop me.