Chapter 4: I Do Date. It Happens.

"Another thing mom and dad didn't tell you, you  are the only human in the family. There is a reason that the family business is protection. We are all werewolves and the Alpha and his mate died today. I guess you can figure out who they were. I am the new Alpha, and your new husband is the Beta. Mac and Grey are both Gammas. It would be wise to behave right now. Ivan is not very good at controlling his wolf around potential mates." He says this as  white and black hair sprouts from his face and all over his body. Nails start to form and he is getting a snout. His words are getting harder to understand.

                I just stand there staring at Daemon. How have I not known this my entire life? That explains why my parents thought I was useless. "If I am human, why would you want me to marry your Beta? Wouldn't that be useless? Are there no female werewolves? Was mom human too? Why me? Mom and dad always said I would never find a mate. I thought they were just weird and meant husband." I started to shake and try to remain calm when all I could think about was I was going to be eaten by the end of the night. Ivan started to change and grow black hair all over, but once I started to calm down he returned to human looking status. I didn't even realize Mac and Grey had changed too until I saw them in a mirror behind Daemon. They both had a little red in their fur. Fur. They had Fur. I had to keep calm.  Everyone was human looking again. The fact I had to say human looking in my mind made me want to freak out again.

                "Now that everyone has calmed down, Anna... You will marry Ivan tomorrow. You will not be his mate. He will not mate a human. That is ridiculous. We just need you to marry him in the eyes of the human law for him to not get deported." The annoyed way he said ridiculous irritated me like I was stupid and useless as a human.

                "Since I apparently have no option but to marry this beast and live here for two years, I have some ground rules that were probably not in that contract you created. First, he stays on the west wing since I am on the East. Second, I do not want him touching me in any way unless it is to save my life. Third, no 'potential mates' are to be in the house. Go do them somewhere else. Fourth, I get to date guys. Fifth, no bossing me around. I do what I want when I want unless it interferes with the interview things, deal?" If I can take back any control over this situation, I may not freak out as much. I realized that this is the worst decision I have probably made today upon all the monumental idiotic decisions I have made, but whatever. At least I get paid and he is kind of hot and no one has eaten me yet.

                "You will need to sign a contract. We agree to everything you said." My brother, the professional.

                "No. We not agree." Oh look the beast speaks English. "You not date." Maybe he doesn't speak English.

                "I do date. It happens. I just don't bring them here because my family sucks ass...and now I know why. Seriously?! Was Ricky like you?" I just remembered and shuttered at the thought that I could have been easily killed by that psycho. Werewolves have been hiding in plain sight and I had no idea. I lived with these things. I might have to reevaluate my life and how I have been completely oblivious to everything.

                "Yes. Our parents killed him because he touched what belongs to them without asking. That is a death offense. You don't take what belongs to another. They were not angry about the video." He said in a rational tone while completely ignoring the fact that that was utter bullshit. I do not belong to anyone and my parents still suck.

                "I don't belong to anyone. What the hell are you talking about? They said it was because I would have embarrassed them with the video." I am angry and confused and tired. Not a great combination.

                "That may have been a small factor, but it was mostly because he touched their property, you, and didn't have permission. They knew about you working in the strip club. We could all smell it on you. The booze and cigarette smell you couldn't wash off no matter how hard you tried. They let you work there because they knew the owners and it was a werewolf club. No one was allowed to lay a hand on you. If they had known about the boob thing, he would have lost his head. I would have taken it for you personally. Who was it by the way?" the question came out as innocent, but the look he gave was anything but. I can't figure out what is a lie and what is the truth.

                "Why would I tell you? You can't act all brotherly and loving now. You have had 18 years to do this and this will change nothing. You are basically forcing me into this. I will date who I want when I want. I will have sex wi-"

                "NO! You not date! No sex." Ivan the incompetent strikes again.

                "The hell is wrong with him? As I was saying, I-" I might just interrupt  Ivan with a fist in the face if he doesn't shut up.

                "No. You not date. You mine." Ivan the demon Viking poetically said. I think his thoughtful speech and manners will win my heart.

                "What Ivan is trying to say in a very blunt way is that you are technically his for two years until you divorce according to the contract. He is your owner in the werewolf world once I marry you off. You are not his mate, but his responsibility. He will take care of you and keep you safe. He does not want you to date anyone or have sex. As his property, you follow what he says." Well that cleared up nothing.

                "Are all females property? Why can't I have sex, Master." I heard a chuckle from the two idiots behind me. The pained face Daemon gave the boys made them shut up.

                "Only human born children of wolves are. I wouldn't call him Master if I were you." The warning tone was absent and more of a worried tone.

                "Oh lovely. So if I was born like you, I would have been my own person. How does one become human when both parents are werewolves? How does this genetic lottery get won? And why shouldn't I call him Master?" Honestly curious of Daemon's answer.

                "He hasn't mated and is very late in doing so. He is a bit riled up and using that kind of language and stubbornness would make it hard for him to not have sex with you. You are working him into a frenzy, hence the claws. It would be better to be quiet and just leave him be." His worried look turned to a haughty smirk. I wanted to smack it off his face. Why is he so proud? Is it because knows more than me?

                "Why are you making that face?"

                "I won." I wasn't aware of a competition. I had picked the pen back up and put my shirt back on though.

                "Shut up and give me the damn contract."

Ivan handed me another sparkling new copy of thesame contract from a bag he had by his feet. I hadn't notice him carry it in.How am I not noticing these things?