。beetle the bard

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
c. 15th century Yorkshire, England

PHYSICAL INFORMATION:

Species:
Human

Gender:
Male

Skin Colour:
White

BIOGRAPHY:

Beedle the Bard was an author of wizarding fairytales. Beedle was born in Yorkshire, England. At some point in his life, he wrote The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The only known image of Beedle is a woodcut that shows him with a "luxuriant" beard. Taking his stories as an indicator of his opinions, he seems to have held Muggles in higher esteem than most of his contemporaries.

"If his stories accurately reflect his opinions, he rather liked Muggles, whom he regarded as ignorant rather than malevolent; he mistrusted Dark Magic, and he believed that the worst excesses of wizardkind sprang from the all-too-human traits of cruelty, apathy or arrogant misapplication of their own talents. The heroes and heroines who triumph in his stories are not those with the most powerful magic, but rather those who demonstrate the most kindness, common sense and ingenuity."
-J. K. Rowling.

sources: harry potter wikia

A/N: His name may refer to the medieval Anglo-Saxon historian Bede. His epithet could refer to English playwright William Shakespeare, who is known as "The Bard".

Written By: FantasticBeasts968