。horace slughorn

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
28 April, between 1882 and 1913, Great Britain

Blood status:
Half-blood or pure-blood

Marital status:
Single

Also known as:
Old Sluggy

Titles:
Professor
–Head of Slytherin
–Potion Master

PHYSICAL INFORMATION:

Species:
Human

Gender:
Male

Hair colour:
–Bold
–Straw blonde (formerly)

Eye colour:
Gooseberry

BIOGRAPHY:

Professor Horace Eugene Flaccus Slughorn was a pure-blood or half-blood wizard. He attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as a member of Slytherin before returning in 1931 as Potions Master. He also served as Head of Slytherin House, before retiring in 1981 due to a fear that Albus Dumbledore would discover that he had told Tom Riddle about Horcruxes.

Following the return of Voldemort and the Death Eaters beginning to seek Slughorn out, the retired professor lived a life on the run, unsure if Voldemort intended to recruit him or kill him to keep his Horcruxes a secret. In 1996, Dumbledore convinced Slughorn to return to Hogwarts by tempting him out of retirement with the prospect of "collecting" Harry Potter as he had so many other students, with his true goal being to learn what Slughorn had told Riddle. Slughorn eventually divulged his true memory. He continued to teach during the 1997–1998 school year under Voldemort's regime, and was surprised to learn that Voldemort meant to recruit him only to teach the young wizards that Voldemort would deem suitable to attend Hogwarts.

During the Battle of Hogwarts, Slughorn sided with the defenders of Hogwarts, gathering reinforcements from Hogsmeade, and engaged his former pupil in a duel alongside Minerva McGonagall and Kingsley Shacklebolt. He survived the battle and had retired a second time by 2016, having a portrait hung in the Slytherin Dungeon.

He has never wanted to occupy the throne himself. He prefers the back-seat; there is more room to spread out.
–Albus Dumbledore

sources: harry potter wikia

A/N: Horace was the name of an epicurean Roman poet, fond of food and someone who liked to make friends with people of influence.

(written by kencbi)