。cedric diggory

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
between 1 September and 30 October 1977, Great Britain or Ireland

Died:
24 June, 1995 (aged 17), Little Hangleton graveyard, England, Great Britain

Blood status:
Pure-blood or half-blood

Also known as:
–Ced
–Pretty boy Diggory

Titles:
Quidditch Captain
–Seeker
–Prefect
–Triwizard Champion

BIOGRAPHY:

Cedric Diggory was the son of Amos Diggory and his wife. He started attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 1989, and was sorted into Hufflepuff House. During his time at school he was a prefect and captained the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, playing as Seeker. In his sixth year Cedric put his name forward to compete in the Triwizard Tournament.

He was selected as the Hogwarts Triwizard Champion and, although overshadowed in the press by the entry of Harry Potter, Cedric enjoyed almost overwhelming support from the student body, and after the first two tasks, tied with Harry for first place. Cedric and Harry completed the Third Task together. Both took hold of the Triwizard Cup, which transported them to the Little Hangleton graveyard. In the graveyard, Cedric was murdered by Peter Pettigrew with the Killing Curse, on the order of Lord Voldemort.

During the following duel between Harry and Voldemort, Cedric's echo reappeared during Priori Incantatem, and helped the echoes of Harry's parents, Bertha Jorkins, and Frank Bryce hold off Voldemort long enough for him to escape. His only request was for Harry to take his body back to his parents, which Harry honoured.

I said to him, I said — Ced, that'll be something to tell your grandchildren, that will... you beat Harry Potter!
–Amos Diggory

sources: harry potter wikia

(written by kencbi)