。ariana dumbledore

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
1885, Great Britain

Died:
Late Summer 1899, Godric's Hollow, West Country, England, Great Britain

Blood status:
Half-blood

Marital status:
Single

PHYSICAL INFORMATION:

Species:
Human

Gender:
Female

Hair colour:
Blonde

Skin colour:
White

BIOGRAPHY:

Ariana Dumbledore was a half-blood witch and the youngest child and only daughter of Percival and Kendra Dumbledore. She was the younger sister of Albus and Aberforth Dumbledore. At the age of six, Ariana was attacked by Muggle boys who saw her practising magic, which left her traumatised to the point of rendering her magical abilities uncontrollable. This prompted her father to attack the boys and be imprisoned in Azkaban, while her mother moved the family from Mould-On-The-Wold to Godric's Hollow and kept Ariana hidden away from the general population. Because of this, the few people who saw Ariana got the impression that she was being imprisoned.

During a fit when she was fourteen years old, Ariana caused a magical explosion that killed her mother. Her older brother Albus then became her guardian, a role that he resented. Ariana died when she was accidentally struck by a curse in a three-way duel between her older brothers and Gellert Grindelwald, the soon-to-be infamous Dark Wizard revolutionary. This event would have a profound impact on both her brothers' lives. Afterwards, her eldest brother Albus would become a Transfiguration professor and then the longest and most noted Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, while her favourite brother Aberforth became the owner and barman of the Hog's Head Inn in Hogsmeade.

She wouldn't use magic, but she couldn't get rid of it; it turned inward and drove her mad, it exploded out of her when she couldn't control it, and at times she was strange and dangerous.
-Aberforth Dumbledore

sources: harry potter wikia

A/N: In Greek mythology, Ariana was in love with Theseus, who used her and stranded her on a desert island.

(written by kencbi)