。rufus scrimgeour

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
Pre 1968, Great Britain

Died:
1st of August 1997, England, Great Britain

Titles:
Minister

PHYSICAL INFORMATION:

Species:
Human

Gender:
Male

Hair colour:
Tawny

Eye colour:
Yellow-ish

Skin colour:
White

BIOGRAPHY:

Minister Rufus Scrimgeour originally joined the Ministry of Magic as an Auror, where he became a hardened veteran, spending most of his life fighting Dark Wizards. Eventually he rose to become Head of the Auror Office. During the Second Wizarding War, Scrimgeour was appointed in 1996 to succeed Cornelius Fudge as Minister for Magic. While he appeared to provide a much tougher and resolute stance against Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters, he made the same mistake of creating the appearance of safety and security, while in truth Scrimgeour's efforts were waning in progress in the war.

This policy of giving the appearance of false safety would ultimately cost Scrimgeour his life, as it left the Ministry open to infiltration by the Death Eaters, who used several high-ranking Ministry officials, all of whom had been subverted to their control, to launch a successful coup and bring the Ministry under Voldemort's control. Voldemort, wanting the location of Harry Potter, captured and brutally tortured Scrimgeour, though when Scrimgeour refused to talk, Voldemort murdered him.

But I say this to our citizenry: we, ever your servants, will continue to defend your liberty and repel the forces that seek to take it from you! Your Ministry... remains... strong!
–Rufus Scrimgeour

source: harry potter wikia

A/N: Rufus was also the nickname of king William II, known for being a great soldier but a not so great leader.

(written by kencbi)