。hope lupin née howell

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

Born
– Pre 1946
– Wales

Died
– Pre 1981

Blood status
– Muggle

Marital status
– Married

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Species
– Human

Gender
– Female

BIOGRAPHY

Hope Lupin (née Howell) was a beautiful Welsh Muggle woman, the wife of Lyall Lupin, and the mother of Remus John Lupin. She worked in an insurance office in Cardiff before meeting Lyall.

One day, she decided to take a walk through a dense forest, and stumbled upon a Boggart, which took the form of a very large and vicious-looking man. Lyall Lupin, a wizard, heard her frightened scream and rushed to her aid, turning the Boggart into a field mushroom with a wave of his wand. He escorted her home afterward to ensure her safety.

A few months later, Lyall confessed to Hope that the Boggart had never posed any real danger to her, but this did not diminish her fondness of him — the pair had fallen in love with each other by this point. When Lyall proposed marriage, Hope accepted, and eagerly dedicated herself to planning their nuptials.

The wedding took place in early 1959, the cake featuring a Boggart–shaped topper, a whimsical touch on Hope's part. A year later, on 10 March, 1960, Hope and Lyall's first and only child, Remus John Lupin, was born.

During his years at Hogwarts, her son would say Hope was ill and he had to go and visit her, as an excuse for his monthly disappearances which were actually caused by lycanthropy. However, as Hope had already died by the defeat of Lord Voldemort in 1981, there may have been some truth to Remus's words of her being "ill".

collected from harry potter wikia.

written by LeviosaDragon