。sybill trelawney

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION:

Born:
9th of March, prior to 1962, Great Britain

Blood status:
Half-blood

Marital status:
Divorced

Titles:
Professor
–Seer

PHYSICAL INFORMATION:

Species:
Human

Gender:
Female

Hair colour:
Brown

Eye colour:
Dark green

Skin colour:
White

BIOGRAPHY:

Professor Sybill Patricia Trelawney is a witch and professor of Divination, alongside Firenze, at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She is the great-great-granddaughter of the celebrated Cassandra Trelawney, who was also a Seer.

It was Trelawney herself who made the prophecy concerning Voldemort and the one with the power to vanquish him (Voldemort took this to mean Harry Potter) during her job interview with Albus Dumbledore. At the end of the 1993-1994 school year, she accurately predicted the escape of Peter Pettigrew and return of Voldemort. Two school years later, Trelawney was greatly distressed by Dolores Umbridge, who dismissed her and attempted to banish her from Hogwarts Castle, though Dumbledore allowed her to remain at the school. She was greatly offended when she later had to teach alongside the centaur Firenze, and participated in the Battle of Hogwarts, dropping crystal balls on Death Eaters' heads and tending to the wounded and dead along with Padma Patil.

Professor Trelawney continued to teach well into the 2010s, continuing her tradition of predicting the deaths of her students. Since Firenze was welcomed back to his herd, it is possible that she taught Divination on her own again.

The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives...
Sybill Trelawney

sources: harry potter wikia

A/N: a sybil is a female prophet.

(written by kencbi)