。rolanda hooch

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

Born
Before 1918

Marital status
Single

Title(s)
Madam

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Species
Human

Gender
Female

Hair colour
Grey

Eye colour
Yellow

Skin colour
White

BIOGRAPHY

Madam Rolanda Hooch was a witch who worked as the Flying instructor, Quidditch referee and coach at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry during, at least, the 1990s. Madam Hooch likely attended the school as a student once and was probably a member of her House's Quidditch team some time before her graduation. She learnt to fly on her own Silver Arrow broomstick sometime before or during the Great War, and returned to Hogwarts for a job at some point where she worked under Headmasters Albus Dumbledore, Dolores Umbridge, and Minerva McGonagall, and possibly Armando Dippet and Severus Snape as well.

Madam Hooch taught Harry Potter and his classmates how to ride a broomstick in 1991, and refereed the Gryffindor versus Slytherin match that same year, where Gryffindor emerged victorious. One of her games was cancelled just after starting due to the Petrification of Hermione Granger and Penelope Clearwater in 1993. In the next school year, Hooch, with Professor Flitwick, was in charge of examining a Firebolt sent to Harry Potter in case it was jinxed or cursed. Her lessons were probably inspected by Dolores Umbridge in 1995, the same year that she had to stop Harry and George Weasley from attacking Draco Malfoy. Two years after, Madam Hooch likely took part in the Battle of Hogwarts, as all the other teachers did.

Now I want a nice clean game… from all of you.

– Madam Hooch before
a Quidditch match

(written by LeviosaDragon)