。argus filch

BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION

Born
Pre 1956

Blood status
Squib

Title(s)
Caretaker

PHYSICAL INFORMATION

Species
Human

Gender
Male

Hair colour
Grey

Eye colour
Pale

BIOGRAPHY

Argus Filch was a Squib and the caretaker of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry since around 1973. Filch usually wandered around the school corridors with his cat Mrs Norris, trying to catch students breaking the school rules and complaining about Peeves the Poltergeist.

In 1992, after Mrs Norris was petrified by Salazar Slytherin's Basilisk, Filch was furious; however, his cat was healed by the end of the year. In 1995, when Dolores Umbridge became High Inquisitor at Hogwarts, Filch gladly supported her. The next year, he was responsible for recognising Dark objects that were brought into Hogwarts.

Filch helped students leave the school during the Battle of Hogwarts in 1998 and participated in the battle itself. He kept his job of caretaker after the Second Wizarding War. Filch is the only one of the Hogwarts staff to stay at Hogwarts Castle during the summer holidays.

I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again, won't you, eh? Oh, yes… hard work and pain are the best teachers, if you ask me… It's just a pity they let the old punishments die out… hang you by your wrists from the ceiling for a few days, I've got the chains still in my office, keep 'em well oiled in case they're ever needed… Right, off we go, and don't think of running off, now. It'll be worse for you if you do.

– Filch's sadistic enjoyment when punishing students

(written by LeviosaDragon)