Ch. 13

"Hello Rena, Kay. It's nice to see you."

"OH MY GOODNESS ANNABETH IT'S YOU!" They both say barreling towards me nearly knocking me over. They engulf me in a bear hug squeezing the air from my lungs. I would love to hug them back, but I can't.

Because they have pinned my arms down and I can't move so, uh, Yeah!

"I missed you both so much" I say smiling, my eyes getting a little watery. Both of them are stunning, I mean they have always been beautiful but damn! Zach and Daniel better know how lucky they are to have such beautiful girlfriends, otherwise I will have to remind them every second of the day until I decide I want to stop. Gosh I missed these girls (the ones the you bring home to mama..okay I'll stop). Rena's hair is curled loosely and reaches her waist, she is still shorter than me, but not by much anymore. Kaylee's hair is much shorter than I recall. It's a little lower than her shoulder, but still looks just as gorgeous. They are both wearing sweatpants, Kaylee's are white and Rena's are grey. Wonder where they got those from....
*cough*Daniel and Zach*cough*

"Are you real? You are looking like a damn super model!" Kaylee says leaning on her knees with a hand on her heart.
"Coming from you, I find that hard to believe! I mean you are a walking goddess! Both of you are!" I reply smiling excitedly. I can't believe they haven't yelled at me. I mean I totally deserve it but that doesn't mean I want it you know?

"So you wanna come in?" Rena says sweetly moving to the side to let me in. I nod and slowly make my way into their beautiful home. The walls are painted in an elegant cream color with gold accented furniture and decorations. I sit down on the dark leather couch in there living room next to them both. "I'm sorry" I sigh, looking down at my feet. "It's okay, everyone needs to do what they need to do" Rena replies putting a hand on my back. She was always the most understanding one out of all my friends. The one who always makes the right decisions, and most of all she always said the right thing.

"So, fill me in. What's going on with you guys?" I ask. "Well, I just got back from Italy for the international dance competition. And not to toot my own horn but TOOT I got 1st place" Kaylee says smiling. She dances too? I should tell my boss about her and maybe they could hire her...

"Well damn, ma girls a dancer AND she slays at it? What more could you ask?" I reply smiling. "What about you Rena? What's up with you?" I ask turning my had to her. "Well I know that you were  a foster kid, and I also know that the foster family system failed you and I needed to fix that. So now I am the creator and president of a non-profit foundation that buys houses in different locations and basically provides housing for foster kids. But we have a pretty lit staff that maintains each house just saying. AND also make sure that each and every kid has equal access to education" she smiles. What she us doing truly touches my heart. As a foster kid who was put into several homes that were unfit I know that she is tackling a big issue. Wholes in the system cause way to many kids to be raised in an unsafe or unreliable household. Families who are trying to get a foster kid need to be observed more often so a child like me will never have to say that they were neglected, unsafe, unprotected, uncared for, or anything like that ever again. I have considered taking in a foster child but I am not ready to be a mother yet, even if it's temporary. I am so proud of both of them, it's amazing. "I understand that it's nonprofit, but how do you get income to stay in thus beautiful house of yours?" I kindly ask Rena. "Well there is the issue, we have income but not nearly enough to pay for Kaylee's dance, to keep the organization afloat, and to keep the house which if you haven't noticed is...not very good." She states hanging her head down. "The boys offered to let us move in but there is already 5 people living there and we don't want to cause problems. "I don't know if you want to do this or not, but I do happen to have 2 extra bedrooms with your name on it if you want..." I state smiling a little. "Are you inviting us yo move in with you?" Kaylee asks confused. "Well I mean you don't have to if you don't want to but what is mine is yours" I reply looking up at both of them. Both of there eyes are wide and there jaws are open. They both attack me in a hug and drag me to the floor screaming "YES OF COURSE WE WILL" and other things to that effect.

Well, I guess I have new roommates?

I usually would say something dark and negative but this is actually pretty dope.

I HAVE MORE ROOMMATES!