Ch. 8

"Wonder this time where she's gone
Wonder if she's gone to stay. Ain't no sunshine when she's gone. And this house just ain't no home. Anytime she goes away"

~Bill Withers:Ain't No Sunshine

Jack's P.O.V. (FINALLY OMLLL)

That letter. The letter Anna sent me for Christmas is the only thing holding me together. I am already broken without her, but this letter is the only thing keeping me from shattering as a whole. It's the only thing I have left.

She left 10 moths ago, yet I still can't get over her. Is there something wrong with me? Is it normal to love someone this much even if you have no idea where they are, when they are coming back, or even if you will even see them again?

Of course I have kept busy with the band. Putting out our first EP was surreal, the response after it was released was astounding. But even with all the fame and the love being shown towards us, I would trade it all away if I got to be with Anna again. I am in love, and I want my princess back. I need her back, I am not sure how much longer I can go on without her. I can only last so long without the love of my life by my side.

Corbyn, Zach, and Jonah went out to Wal-Mart or something so I am left here alone with nothing but my self-loathing thoughts to keep me occupied. Thinking of all the things I could've done differently, that maybe she would be stayed if I said things differently or just didn't talk at all. I tend to mess a lot of things up when I open my mouth. I miss my Annabeth Marriot. I miss her so, so much.

She was my love, my princess, my sunshine. But now everything is dark and grey without her. The things I used to love when we were together, I have lost interest in. The things that used to make me laugh aren't as funny as they used to be. The things that used to make me cry don't have any effect on me anymore.

Even my sister's can see it. Whenever I visit, they know somethings going on. And every time I'm there I have to explain to them why I'm like this. Because a piece of me is missing. A light has went out. A door has been closed. And I am broken, all because I am the way I am and I drove the person I love most in this world away to God knows where and I can't do anything to get her back because I have no idea where she is. I-I can't get her back. I just can't.

Anna's P.O.V.

I walk with Corbyn, Zach, and Jonah throughout the store, gathering the last couple things on my list when a wave of realization hits me.
"Uh..how is Jack?" I ask quietly, I know a little but I want to know what is going on in his life.

"Not so good Anna" Jonah says in an equally quiet tone.

"What do you mean? What's wrong with him?" I ask with a little more volume in my voice.

"When you left, he broke. He is still in love with you" Zach says with a sigh.

"I don't understand, if he was in love with me than why did he avoid me when I got back from...well you know where"

"Jack was confused I think, even I was confused when you got back. Jack is just complicated, you know that. I just think he didn't know how to handle himself around you" Zach replies.

"Handle himself around me? What is that supposed to mean?" I say with small traces of anger in my words.

"He didn't think that he would ever see you again, none of us did. We thought you were gone for good. So while you were gone, Jack forgot who he was. When you were gone a piece of him went with you. And when you came back, Jack forgot what it was like before all of this happened"

"I-I..I get it, I understand. I just wish that he didn't shut me out. Maybe things would've been different." I softly reply, whispering at the end.

"Hey, you're back now! And that's all that matters." Corbyn says hopefully with a smile.

"Jack is going to want me here right?" I ask.

"He hasn't wanted anything more in his life than to have you back" I hear behind me.

"DANI BOI" I yell looking behind me.

"Wassup Anna?" Daniel asks as we do our secret handshake.

"Not much, wassup with you?" I ask smiling at the fact I have been reunited with another on of my besties.

"Same here. What are you doing back in California?" He replies.

"I work for Atlantic Records now, I am there choreographer for all the music videos and stuff" I say smiling up at him.

"Bro no way!" They all say at the exact same time. They are weird not going to lie.

"Okay one, stop doing that weird synchronized talking thing. It is giving me chills. And two, what is so crazy about that?" I ask scanning my eyes across the line of boys in front of me.

"Why Don't We is signed to Atlantic Records. We work with eachother" Corbyn says smiling, a long with the other boys.

"That's actually so dope! We work together! But then again I also work with Cardi B so....." I say smirking.

"Okay that's just unfair, no need to brag about your cool job. We're cool too you know" Daniel says with a fake hurt expression.

"Yeah yeah Seavey, you're pretty cool I guess" I say smiling back at him.

I missed these kids so much. I missed them so much, so so so so much. I need to see Kaylee and Rena. I miss my girls, I hope they are as welcoming as the boys. But most importantly, no offence girls, I need to see Jack. I need to see the love of my life. And I pray that it isn't too late for us. Only God knows what could happen. All I can so is hope and pray that he still loves me. It's all I can do.

_________

A/n Go read my Jonah Marais Fanfic called "Changed Me// Jonah Marais" and vote+comment! Happy New year!