Ch. 9

Monday March 13, 2017

Today is the first day of my new job. Manager Harper informed me that everything is taken care of and all I need to do is walk in and give them my name. If only it was that easy. I am terribly nervous that everything will go wrong. My biggest fear, today at least, is that everyone here with think I am a legitimate idiot. It would make sense to assume such things, as it is a fact that I am a 19 year old and I am the head choreographer for and entire music label. Yes, they will hate me. They will all despise me the moment I walk through that door.

I didn't get a second of sleep last night due to my anxiety, so I am going to Starbucks to get a little caffeine pick-me-up. I am wearing a casual outfit because I start planning dances today. I am wearing a pair of black leggings with a matching long sleeve tight fit  crop top and my wavy blonde hair is tied up in a ponytail with a black dad hat on top. I must admit, this outfit is a little more revealing than my usual clothing choices but I will be working hard to choreograph today so I need something comfortable but not hot.(temperature wise😏)

I walk into the Starbucks to pick up my Starbucks mobile order because, ain't nobody got time to wait in line. I walk over to the marble counter and see two of the same drinks side by side. Both Caramel Macchiato's, I take one of the cups to see the name on the side. I read it and fear and anxiety take over my body. I can't believe I am this close, but it's too soon. I haven't prepared a speech yet, or what I am going to ask, or what to just say without getting tounge tied and make a cool of myself.

Jack. This is Jack's coffee. Jack Robert Avery is so close to seeing me, but I can't let him. Not yet.

I grab my coffee, turn around, and head to the door trying to escape a possibly disastrous situation. I almost reach the door when I feel a hand on my shoulder. So close, yet so far. I turn around to see who had stopped me, and there he stands. Perfection. His eyes so deep, the eyes I had fell in love with and are currently falling back in love with. His lips so innocent and angelic, but manage to be so magnetic and filled with desire. Every molecule in my body is telling me to jump into his warm embrace, but I can't do that to him. He is too good for that.

"A-Anna?" Jack asks quietly while softly dragging the back of his hand down the side of my cheek. I bring my hand up to the side of my face to grab his, but he quickly pulls his hand away and back down to the side of his body.

It hurt a little bit, but after all I have put him through I completely understand.

"Jack" I respond with a sigh.

"Where did you go?" Jack whispers looking down as though he is holding back or hiding already fallen tears from me.

"New York" I say looking away. I cannot help but feel a little guilty that I have waited about 3 days to even think about the fact of us meeting up.

"But I would like to give you all the answers to your questions under better circumstances so, here is my number" I say handing him a small piece of paper.

"And text me when you are free so we can do this right. See you soon Jack" I say as I give him a small kiss on the cheek and wave him bye as I turn around to go to work.

I can't believe I just did that, I walked away from the love of my life after seeing him for the first time in about a year. I have responsibilities yes, but it is impossible to refrain from the feeling of guilt caused by what had just happened.

I walk into the building with one thing on mind. Jack flipping Avery. The nerves and sheer embarrassment of the recent events have completely clouded over, or even overthrown my anxiousness towards the beginning of my new job.

*time skip to after work*

My first day went as perfect as it possibly could've. Surprisingly this isn't sarcasm, today sailed smoothly, besides the massive game-changer this morning. I met all my bosses, who are all very kind, I was shown around the building. They also gave me more information and details about the job. My job title is "Lead Choreographer of Atlantic Records" not going to lie it's a bit much. My job is to choreograph music video's and stage performances for artists on their label.

I am currently on my couch staring at my phone. Waiting for it to go off, waiting for Jack to text me back. But nothing is happening, absolutely nothing.

I wait for another 45 minutes hoping that Jack will text me. Then I hear my doorbell ring so I set my phone down and stand up, heading to the ground floor down the wooden staircase. I turn and head straight to the large door. I don't take the time to look through the peephole in the door so I just open it. As I slowly pull the handle towards me I see the last person I would have predicted to be outside of my house. Jack, in a black hoodie, camo jeans, and classic black and white checkered slip on vans. Same style he had when I left but he seemed to have gotten even more attractive if that's even possible. His jawline is sharper, he doesn't have a single pimple on his face, and his hair looks better in general.

"Hey Anna, you mind if I come in?" He asks shyly. This is abnormal for him to sound shy, especially in front of me.

"Yeah, yeah of course come in" I answer while moving to my left to open a space for him to walk through to get to the inside of my house. I am too focused on the fact that he is in front of me to question how he found out where I lived. He examines my house facing away from me. His eyes scan the room processing every detail that went into the house.

"So, can we talk" Jack asks while turning back to face me.

"Yes, please. I'll lead you to the living room and we can sit down. This is a long story" I reply looking down. I love him, no argument or debate. I am in love with him.

A/n tell me how you think Jack will react when he hears Anna's 'story' in the comments!

What Anna wears