swmrs concert, PLEASE READ

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS FUCKING HELL

It's been a week since I saw SWMRS with my best friend. They played with three other bands; Mt. Eddy, The Regrettes (my other all time fav) and The Interrupters. The tickets were literally only $18 each.

AND IT WAS ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY INCREDIBLE.

Disclaimer: this, like most of my chapters, is going to be very long, but I would really appreciate if you'd read all the way through. I spent so much time on this and this was literally the best experience of my entire life.

So settle in, grab your hot chocolate, and read on:

It was at Irving Plaza in NYC- a very small venue, the capacity is around 1,000. Standing space only. We got there about 15 minutes before the doors opened, and got inside around 6:45. We found our spots, on the right side, maybe 6-7 rows back from the stage, although it was basically just one huge clump. The view was amazing, you could see everything perfectly, and I couldn't have been happier.

My dad, who took us, spent most of the time up on the balcony, but he came down for the end of the first three sets and brought us water, and stayed for all of swmrs' set.

Mt. Eddy was first- they're a very new band, swmrs' little brother band almost, as Jakob, the lead singer, is swmrs' drummer's little brother. Fun fact: Both Jakob and Joey are Billie Joe Armstrong's kids.

They were awesome!! Their music is mostly really chill on recording but it was SO hype live, just some good ol' fashioned punk rock. Here's a link to one of their songs called Metaphor, I'd highly recommend giving it a listen!

I unfortunately wasn't able to get any good pics of them, rip

SO NEXTTTTT were the Regrettes!! They're a band composed of three girls and one guy, all from LA, and they're all in their late teens. They're super feminist and awesome, and their music is super empowering. They, in addition to SWMRS, are up there in my favorite bands right now. Their debut album is called Feel Your Feelings Fool! and it's SO good. Their music is kind of a mixture of 60s rock, punk, and 90s riot grrrl, and it's amazing. Makes me happy.

So me and Claire (my best friend) were so excited for their set, and we screamed every damn word to every damn song. She has the hugest crush on the lead singer Lydia, and I'm totally fucking gay for the bassist Sage, so we were both about to pass out the entire time. Also, nikkijune (tags are annoying they won't work) I think you'd love the drummer, he's cute as hell. 

They were amazing. Lydia has suCH a stage presence, and her voice is amazing, plus their music is so much fun to dance to and we were having the time of our lives.

I can't post my own videos on Wattpad because it's dumb but here's some shitty pics!

random thoughts and rants threeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara