Quotes

Ok, so I really love song lyrics

I really love diving into and analyzing them, and I love it when they're just GOOD. Or witty, or funny, or deep. You know?

So I'm just gonna list a bunch of my favorite song lyrics (from like three bands oops), right here, also: I would really love it if you guys would comment your opinions on them because I don't want to feel aloooone and I worked really fucking hard on this:

OH YES A DISCLAIMER: I would highly recommend listening to all the songs in here because you don't really get the full scope of the lyrics until you hear the way they're sung and the speed and instrumental and everything. I'm putting the song after the lyric so it's easier

DISCLAIMER #2: THIS IS A LONG-ASS CHAPTER IT'S OVER 1500 WORDS WOOP BUT I SPENT MORE THAN TWO HOURS ON IT SO P L E AS E APPRECIATE ME AND LOVE ME

"I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone/honey if you stay, I'll be forgiven/nothing you could say could stop me going home" -Famous Last Words by MCR. Just inspiring, goddamnit.

"You're in time for the show/you're the one that I need, I'm the one that you loathe/you can watch me corrode like a beast in repose/cause I love all the poison, away with the boys in the band" 

and 

"There's a place in the dark where the animals go/you can take off your skin in the cannibal glow/Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands/drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands, Romeo/"

Both from The Sharpest Lives by MCR. All the lyrics in that song are so amazing and it's so...agony filled? It's about Gerard's past alcoholism and it's so raw and poetic and harsh I guess and ack. There's also a funny ish double entendre, where the line is "so why don't you blow me a kiss before she goes", but he pauses at an opportune time. So it sounds like "so why don't you blow me.......a kiss before she goes" IT'S JUST A GREAT SONG, SECOND FAVE MCR SONG ATM.

"You're a regular decorated emergency/the bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake/you've earned your place in the ICU's hall of fame/camera caught you causing a commotion on the gurney again" -Camisado by Panic! 

That makes me so emotional. The lyrics were written by Ryan, obviously, about his father's alcoholism, and the "bruises and contusions" could definitely imply that his dad hurt him when he was drunk and... that makes me so sad...

"Wait until it fades to black/ride into the sunset/would I lie to you?/well I've got something to say/grab your six-gun from your back/throttle the ignition/would I die for you?/well here's your answer in spades..."

and

"Well she's got nothing to say/the angels just cut out her tongue/call her black Mariah/would I lie to you?/the girl's not right in the brain..."

Both from Hang 'Em High by MCR. Holy shit, that song.... it's so fast paced and CRAZY, and the lyrics are so... I don't know how to describe it. Out there? Raw? Poetic? Violent? Uncensored? Idk, but I could really say this about a ton of MCR's songs- the lyrics are just fucking incredible