Getting close

April pov

I went to the nearest hotel when I found out that my card was declined. "He took all my money off," I mumbled. "just forget it." I walked out on the verge of crying I went to my car and hurried back to my job. It was late so hopefully, only security and the janitors are there.

"Yeah, I need to finish up my work. I'm going to be here late." I said.
"Alright, have a goodnight April."
"You too." I smiled.

I hurried to the office when I saw John coming out of his office. "April? What are you doing here so late?"
"I have to finish up some paperwork."
"Go home it's okay." He smiled.
"No, it's not because I haven't done none of it and you're very important one is due tomorrow. I need to get it done."
"Have it done by tomorrow night, it's fine." He grinned walking up to me. "Okay.." I walked out and went back to my car. I drove to a hotel that had many cars, I had tinted windows so I was fine. I had extra clothing and all that good stuff in my car. Spare cash for food and gas. I laid my head back closing my eyes. At least this was one night I wouldn't have to worry about him.

~

Arriving at work I greeted my coworkers and headed to my office. "You have to stop just popping up in my office," I said walking in shutting the door behind me going to my desk. "Where did you go last night?" He asked.
"I slept at a hotel in the parking lot in the car, why do you have to be like this?" I asked.
"Be like what?! The man you made me into!" He yelled. "Please lower your voice. I haven't done anything to you for you to hit me every day. Look at these bruises!" I unbutton my blouse showing him. "You did this to me." I cried trying to hold my tears. "So don't tell me I made you into that. Fuck out of here with the bs, I'm not about to argue with you in my office go home or to one of your side bitches."
He walked up to me and grabbed my neck, fighting him off me I scratched him dead in his face. He stopped feeling the blood that rolled down his face. "Cal!" And everything got blurry.

My vision going in and out I tried to get up. Grabbing on to the nearest items I got myself up into my chair. Holding my throbbing head, my face tingled like sharp knives going into my face. Grabbing my mirror I looked at myself and shook my head crying. I buttoned my shirt and took my hair down letting it fall in front of my face. Grabbing my makeup kit I tried my best to cover it up. I tried to get up but my head was pounding.

"Hey, can you come to my office please?"
"Yeah, on my way."
I sat up in my chair covering my face with my hand. Looking down so my hair could help cover my face as well. I pretended to be reading through some papers. "Hey, can I get today off?"
"Is everything okay?" He asked. I stared down searching for the right answer in my head.
Damn it April just tell the man. "April?"
"I-I just..I-" I couldn't speak, my jaw was hurting like somebody just hit me in the-
"He hit me.." I said lowly holding onto my jaw. "April?"
"Yes, John?"
"You called me in here, what is it? Can you look up at me please?" His voice getting louder. I shook my head no as tears ran down my face.

~

Opening my eyes I shot up to an unfamiliar place. I was in a bed, I got up when I saw John walk in. "Calm down, you're at my house." He grabbed my arm sitting me back down. "It's okay, you probably don't remember much, but you fell out. I tried to get you up and you hit your head pretty hard. I didn't know what happened so they said they'll be back to ask you a few questions. Other than that you're okay, they gave you some meds for your head and some cream for that bruise on your face." He smiled.
"Thank you," I said slowly. "No problem." He said rubbing my hand. "Your husband hasn't called or anything. We tried to reach out to him, but we got nothing."
"It's fine, I better head home." I got up but sat down because the smallest move made my head start pounding. "April I think you should stay here until your husband comes."
"No, I'm fine," I said looking at him. He was worried I could tell by the way he looked at me. "Did he do this to you? I won't say anything, but did he April?" He asked. I looked around and just smirked, "No, I was just being clumsy." I laughed. "I know you better than you think. You've been my assistant for 3 years so try again." He smirked. "I told you, now stay in your place," I said. He stood up grinning nodding his head. "There's no need for you to be all like that, I care about you deeply, and to see you like this with your same sorry ass excuses. They worked a few times, but these bruises shouldn't keep showing."
I furrowed my eyes brows looking at him. "What happens to me shouldn't be your concern."
"But it is." He sat beside looking me in the eyes. "I understand accidents will happen, but look at you. Another bruise, you just so happen to be clumsy, hit your head hard, and get another bruise? It doesn't add up. He came to your office this morning."
"John, what happens to me happens. I'm fine in all honestly." I smiled.
He looked at me then down, "If you need me, you know where I am." He said getting up.

He left out shutting the door behind. I went to the restroom and handle my business. I fixed myself up making sure I looked decent. Leaving out I put my heels back on and went downstairs, "John, thank you. I'll see you tomorrow."
He gripped my arm searching my eyes, "If you need anything I'm here." He said. I nodded my head and left out.

~

"You see the shit you've caused!?" He yelled. I didn't pay any mind to it. I sat at the table and just stared at him with the deadest look on my face. "People coming to my house asking us questions, I should beat the hell out of you...but you look like you had enough anyways. Falling out and shit, I don't know why I married you." He scoffed. "Then divorce me, I have the papers all you have to do is sign them." I shrugged. He came up to my face and just smirked. "It doesn't matter because you will still be my bitch." He smirked walking away.

How did I get myself into this? How do I get out when all he does is find me again to beat me more?

I got up going to the bedroom to get ready for tomorrow.