Never mess with my kids

"I've known James my entire life too. I didn't realize who he was until just now. Harley was his mentor back when we were kids and he was always at my house. We use to play together all the time. His brother was older than him, and when his mother died from a drug overdose when we were seven his brother inherited the house. if anything this is where they are." I stuttered showing everyone the picture. "Ross, Aspen get in the car." I gulped as we all ran back downstairs. Without a word Ross, Aspen and I fled the house and to the car. I drove since I was the only one who knew where this house was. 

I skidded to a stop just outside the driveway. I didn't want them to know we were coming. We all jumped out of the car and ran up the driveway before Aspen stopped me. 

"You're not going in there." He told me. 

"The hell I'm not." I scoffed and pushed my way in front of them. These were my kids, and no one messes with my kids. 

The house looked the same as I remember it. Meaning the back door lead straight into the basement. So I ran around back and crept down the small hill, hiding behind the brick wall. Ross and Aspen followed closely behind, watching my every move. I climbed my way over the other stone wall and to the basement windows which were covered in spider webs. Peeking in I saw another door, almost like a cellar. It opened and James climbed his way out, reaching back into it to help a crippled Harley out. James was definitely the one who kidnapped them. Harley would have been too slow. I watched as they chained the doors shut and walked upstairs. 

Turning around; I motioned for Ross and Aspen to follow me as we broke our way into their house. We snuck into the basement and to the cellar doors. 

"It's chained..." Ross uttered. I raised an eyebrow and reached into my hair. I always kept a bobby pin hinged under my hair just in case. 

"Make sure no one's coming." I whispered as I shoved the pin into the lock. "come on..." And the final click made my heart jump in happiness. Only a few steps away from my babies. I stepped in before Aspen grabbed my arm. 

"Let me go first. You don't know what could be down there." He said. I understood he was trying to protect me, but I could handle my own. 

"Aspen I'm fine. I just want my kids." I said before climbing my way into the cellar. All the lights were off but I could hear whimpers coming from ahead of us. I felt the wall for a moment, finding the light switch. Flicking the light on I heard Miracle's screams as if she thought we were them. "Baby girl!" I cried as I ran to her. She began to cry in joy. She was tied to a post, with duck tape over her mouth and her feet tied in front of her. I collapsed in front of her, joy filling my heart knowing she was alive. I quickly untied her and before I could do anything she leaped into my arms crying. "It's okay baby girl. I got you. You're safe now." I said brushing my hand down her hair. After a moment she settled down and looked at me. "did he hurt you?" I asked. She shook her head and with that, a huge relief fell over my shoulders. 

"daddy." She sighed as she ran to him. I stood up looking around for Colton but he wasn't down here. 

"Miracle... Where's Colton?" Something inside me didn't feel right... 

"I don't know. He started crying again and Harley flipped out. He made James take him upstairs." She told me. My stomach turned. 

"stay here." I grumbled to them as I stormed passed them and up the stairs again. Ross followed me quickly; letting Aspen stay with Miracle. 

"Skylar we can't just storm up there. Who knows what kind of weapons they have..." Ross told me. I shook my head. Honestly, I didn't care what kind of weapons they had, I wanted my baby safe.