H-E-R-E

Four months later I'm seven month's pregnant and very content with my life. Aspen and I are working without worries, and we have moved on from what had happened.

Of course I still have nightmares quite frequently but after waking up and cooling down I'm alright

Of course I still have nightmares quite frequently but after waking up and cooling down I'm alright. Except for that one night I woke up panicking. I turned on my side opening my eyes finding Aspen close to my face, making me scream and leap from the bed and fall to the floor. As Aspen sprung up and hit his head against our head board, I hit our closet door with a loud bang. I took a few deep breaths trying to cool myself down, knowing it was just a nightmare and that it's all over now.

"baby girl..." Aspen said as he stopped rubbing his head and slowly crawled off the bed towards me. 

"I-I'm okay. Just a nightmare, I woke up and saw you really close to me and in that moment I thought my nightmare was real... But it's okay. I'm alright." I spoke softly before resting my hand on my belly and smiling. I began to think about how I haven't felt the baby kick yet, and how odd it was. Was something wrong? "what if something's wrong with the baby? They usually have kicked by now... but I haven't felt anything." I told him. He nodded and helped me off the floor. 

"I'll call to make an appointment tomorrow morning." Aspen said as we climbed back in bed. 

"babe..." I paused. Aspen looked at me confused. "what if something is wrong.... and it's because... of what they did?..." I gulped as Aspen sighed, pain swirling in his eyes. 

"nothing's wrong love. Don't worry okay?" He assured me. I nodded and cuddled to his chest, staring at the wall while he fell asleep. Needless to say, I didn't sleep the rest of the night. 

~

The next morning Aspen took me into the doctors and they did an ultra sound. Aspen held my hand as we saw how much our baby has grown. 

"nothing seems to be wrong." The doctor paused. "it may be because of what you experienced that it's so calm in there." he began to feel my stomach making me close my eyes and take a short, deep breath. Aspen knew what was wrong so he held my hand tighter, letting me know he was right there. "I give it about another week till the baby starts kicking." He told us, we both nodded and he gave us pictures of the ultra sound. 

When we got home, after I put the picture in a frame Aspen got called into work. 

"are you sure you'll be alright here alone?" Aspen asked me. I smiled and nodded. 

"I'll be fine babe, don't worry." I said kissing his lips. 

"I love you" He smiled and kissed me again. 

"I love you" I replied before shutting the door behind him. 

After that I cleaned the house, and ate lunch before sitting down and beginning to read. A few minutes into reading I remembered the box. I set my book down and slowly walked up the steps due to my belly weighing a lot. I walked into my room before reaching under the bed and grabbed the large tote of blankets, sliding it out, opening it up and removing the blankets from it before taking the box out from the bottom. I shut the tote, sliding it back under the bed before carefully standing up and sitting on the bed. I began to try different codes remembering it must have been the date of when he buried it. I sighed before thinking of where I might find that... I immediately gathered my keys and began to drive to the park. I walked throughout the woods finally reaching the edge of the spot. I smiled as I remembered my time being here as a kid, with my dad. 

I walked over to the large rock and stood on my tippy toes to see the carving H-E-R-E in the rock. wait... Without hesitation I climbed throughout the woods and by the time I reached the park I nearly fell over. Being pregnant and trying to rush around really drains you. I wanted to take a nap but I needed to drive home. I leaned against a tree as I tried to catch my breath when I heard my name being called from across the park. 

"Skylar?" I looked up finding Ross. 

"yea-h hey." I smiled at him, still out of breath. 

"wow... you're looking good... but um... what's wrong?" He asked me. Time for the lies... 

"I took a jog around the park, still trying to stay healthy." I chuckled. That was a terrible lie, and Ross knew it. 

"no seriously. What's going on?" He asked. 

"nothing, I took a walk in the woods to clear my head. I always use to go-" 

"I know about the spot." Ross told me. I gulped. 

"ho-"

"a while ago when you lost your memory that's where I found you." he told me. I nodded. My mind went back to the box, I've been waiting years for this and I finally figured out how to open it. 

"I have to go." I quickly said before walking towards my car. 

"are you sure you're alright?" Ross asked again as he followed behind me. 

"yes Ross, I'm fine. I just really need to do something." 

"okay I'm sorry. I'm just... worried about you." he spoke quietly as we reached my car. I turned to look at him. 

"I know." I paused, grabbing his hand. "I'm okay. I promise. Yes I know I went through that again, but I know how to handle it this time. I'm doing a lot better." I told him, he gently squeezed my hand and smiled at me. 

"i'm glad." and with that, he turned around and walked away. I watched him walk further down the road before jumping in my car and driving home. 

I walked inside, throwing my keys on the counter and moving carefully up the stairs. I went to my desk grabbed a sheet of paper before writing the alphabet down. I then counted until H, E and R. H was the eighth letter of the alphabet, E was the fifth, and R was the eighteenth. I looked at the box and began putting in the numbers. In the first slot eight, In the second five, in the third which had two scrolls for the numbers, eighteen, and in the last another five. Just as I scrolled my finger down to the five, I took a deep breath before the lock clicked open. I sucked in another breath as my jaw dropped slightly open. I gulped before slowly opening it.