Medication

About another month later I decided to redye my hair back to my natural color. I loved the blonde but I missed my brown. Miracle seemed to like it, and of course Aspen did. He said he liked my natural hair color better than the blonde, even though he really liked the blonde too. I felt better with my natural hair and found my self liking it better than my blonde as well. 

Miracle was almost two months now and would giggle, and coo more than anything. She is an overall good baby, doesn't cry much, sleeps almost all the way through the night, which as a mom, I love. 

The only night that was the worst was when I woke up to her screaming, I of course with the background I had leaped out of bed and ran to her nursery. Even Kota stood at the bottom of her crib scratching at it, too small to see her. She was thrashing around in her crib screaming her head off and I was confused why. Until I picked her up. Her body seemed hot, like unusually hot. So I brought her downstairs, took her temperature, finding it to be 101.9... I quickly grabbed a children's ice back from the freezer and pressed it to her head while I grabbed the medicine and got that into her system. She wouldn't stop crying. I sat on the couch with her, holding the kids ice pack to her head. I was worried but I knew what I was doing. Finally she had stopped crying and calmed down enough for me to hold her properly. I rocked her back and forth while making soft, calming shushing sounds which seemed to calm her down more. I took her temperature again finding it went down a lot. 99.7, which was decent. I then proceeded to to rock her until she fell asleep again. 

I didn't want to leave her alone yet so I stayed up longer, holding her. I was slouching in the couch as my eyes began to droop and I started falling asleep. I kept trying to stay awake but it didn't work well. Next thing I knew Aspen was standing in front of me, picking Miracle up out of my arms and telling me to go to bed. 

"no, I think she's sick." I grumbled, trying to sit up. 

"alright. I got her babe, go up to bed." He told me and sat down next to me. I nodded, getting up and dragging my feet upstairs and to my bed. I fell on it, crashing instantly. 

~

I was putting Miracle in her car seat, after going to the doctors and then going to our local market to get her prescribed medication when I heard someone walk up. 

"she's a beauty, really." I heard a familiar voice speak lowly. My body tensed and a sharp pain escalated around my chest. I quickly grabbed the door handle of the car door, shutting it quickly and turning around, locking the car. I clenched my teeth tightly as I stared at the man. 

"what do you want?" I hissed at him. 

"you." He smirked as he grabbed my arm, tugging me closer to him. 

~

I gasped as I sat up, sweating. I ran my hand through my hair and looked around my bedroom. Aspen was laying beside me again, and my bedroom was filled with sharp rays of light coming from my curtains. I took a deep breath and shook my head, it was only a dream. I told myself. I felt the bed move, as Aspen began to stir. 

"baby girl?" He spoke quietly with a raspy voice. 

"yeah." I replied with a sigh. 

"you alright?" He asked, sitting up and wrapping his arm around my waist, kissing my bare shoulder. I nodded. 

"yeah, fine. Just a nightmare." I told him. He sighed. 

"About him?" He wondered. i shook my head and he nodded. I turned to my nightstand, looking at the clock. eight o-clock. After rubbing my eyes and stretching I turned to Aspen, pecking him on the cheek. I then got up and Aspen looked at me confused. "Where are you going?" He questioned.