Chapter 22 - Part 2

Chapter 22

(Part 2)

She slid into her fire engine red dress with a wide gold zipper down the back. Slowly she swirled in front of her mirror making sure that her hair was still in place. She was more excited for tonight than she would ever willingly admit. Her attraction to him had been instantaneous from the first moment she saw him walking down that crowed hallway at school. She was sure he had just stepped out a magazine. It's really wasn't fair, how hot he was. How was a girl supposed to see someone like him almost every day and not be able to do anything about it?

Blowing out a puff of air she glared at the two high heels that were lined up by her closet. The black studded pair gave her an edgy look, while the nude Christian Louboutin's made her legs looks taller and slimmer. She wished Megan were there to help her decide between the two equally amazing shoes. But no, her best friend was out on a fabulous date with a total stud muffin.

Stacy was happy for her. She was ecstatic that Luca and Megan were finally going out. It had been a long time coming and she just hoped they made their relationship work.

She was still glaring at the shoes, almost as if waiting for them to yell out "pick me" "pick me", when the bell rang. Instantly she grabbed the nude pair and dashed to the living room, hopping along the way to put on the shoes.

When she got to the door she paused for a brief second. With her hand clasped on the door she captured her breath. She look one more leveled breath in and she tried to mask her eagerness.

"Zach!" she whispered slightly out of breath, but mostly out of the shock of seeing him towering through her door. His delicious scent hit her nostrils and she controlled herself from flaring her nose to get a bigger sniff.

He looked like he had just taken a shower. His brown hair was mostly dry, but there were a few bits here and there that seemed to stick to one another. He was clad in a deep maroon v-neck and dark-wash jeans. Over the shirt he threw on a grey jacket that completed his look.

Zach smirked down at the little spitfire in front of him; adorned in a red dress she looked sexy as sin.

"You ready to go?" he asked drawing out the voice in a slow teasing manner that made Stacy's stomach clench. In a good way.

"Hmmhmm." She sounded in reply, as she quickly grabbed her jacket and bag with her textbook in it and turned off the lights.

As they walked to his car, their hands swiftly brushed sending shock waves up her hand. She wanted to just pounce on him, but she was determined to let him make the first move.

They were parked in front of his apartment in less than ten minutes.

Once inside they shrugged off their coats and Stacy followed him into the kitchen. There she was surprised to see tortillas and a wide variety of fillings lay out on the island top.

"Zach?" She turned to him suspiciously, "What is all this?" she picked up a piece of avocado and popped it into her mouth.

Zach chuckled at her, "Studying can be very tiring, so I thought we could have some dinner before to keep energized."

She was shocked at him. She didn't expect him to go through all the trouble to do this. Her shock hit Zach hard in the gut.

"What you thought I would just bring you back for a quick tumble between the sheets?" he asked bitterly. He didn't know why he cared about the fact she thought so little of him, but he did.

"No of course not! I just- well--" she trailed off because that was exactly what she thought. She didn't think Zach would be sensitive enough to think about food, so she ate beforehand. However, the fresh food lying on the granite top looked really appetizing.