Chapter 27

Hi! I'm so sorry for the long long long wait! I am sincerely thankful to all of you that didn't give up on me. I feel so blessed to have such amazing fans and I don't feel like I even deserve you.

------

As many have you have requested here is a quick recap:

Megan was in a car accident with Vicky and she was badly injured. She was taken to the hospital and told to rest for a week before she returned to college. While she was at the hospital Luca was visiting her when a nurse came in. Watching their close bond, the nurse asked Megan if Luca was her boyfriend. Feeling embarrassed, and trying not to spook Luca Megan tells her no. Hearing this Luca gets upset, and then later realizes that they needed to talk. In the last chapter Luca officially asked Megan to be his girlfriend.

Alright I hope that helps. Sorry I am terrible at recaps/ summaries.

--------------

Chapter 27

Megan stared at him in awe. Unable to believe her ears, she concluded that she must have been more heavily medicated than she thought. Her eyes lifted to Luca's. Those beautiful green eyes were gazing at her intently. Waiting.

"Um what did you say?" She swallowed a lump in her throat.

Luca's eyes shined as a smiled tugged wider on his lips. His warm hands slide from her face to gently grasp her hands. He was taking extreme care not to hurt her.

"Will you please be my girlfriend?" He asked again. He knew she had heard him clearly as confusion covered her face.

Megan did hear him right the first time! She gaped at him in confusion. In the all years she had known him, he had never had a girlfriend. She wasn't even sure he knew what it meant. She had wanted this for so long, ever since she was in middle school she had imagined Luca asking her to be his girlfriend. She just never thought that it would happen.

Luca lifted her fingers to his lips and kissed them, slowly, softly. "The suspense is killing me Meg." He joked, trying to get her to smile.

Megan finally opened her mouth. "But you don't have girlfriends." She told him. Too scared to say yes in case he wasn't ready. What if he just asked her because of the accident? Maybe he pitied her. God, she couldn't handle Luca pitying her.

Luca laughed at that, and saw some color rise to her face. "Your right I don't. I would just like one. You." He returned his hand to her face, cupping it smoothly.

"Luca?" Her voice shook as she spoke. "Do you even know what a girlfriend is?" Her voice didn't sound like her own. Her throat was dry, and her head was filled with fear.

Luca smiled at her. "Meg, I have been thinking of you as my girlfriend all this time. I have never had a relationship with anyone the way I have with you. I call you at one am to just talk, because I miss your voice. I have never called a girl that late unless it was to hook up with her." He noticed the color creep up higher on her face. "I am sorry for the way I have acted. To be honest I was hurt." He admitted, even though it took every bit of his pride to do so. "That day in your hospital room when the nurse asked you if I was your boyfriend, you said no. But by that point I had been thinking of you as my girlfriend and hearing that you didn't see our relationship the same way... Well I got angry."

Megan's eyes widened as she shook her head. She was hearing what he was saying but she was too scared to actually listen. Luca had thought of her as his girlfriend? Her heart fluttered like it had no right to and hope filled her so quickly that she was afraid she might burst.

"I mean you didn't even tell anyone about us." Luca's voice trembled and she knew he was trying very hard to control his emotions. He was angry, she could see it in the rigid form of his body and the darkening of his eyes.