CHAPTER 28✓

They were right.

I hadn't slept for fear of nightmares, I could hear Logan in my head fighting to get at me, screaming for my head and he had every right. I may not have killed the girl but I sure got close enough.

I wondered about Danielle, how did she know? Why didn't she stop me? Did she want to?

The roar of voiced down stairs in the morning as the sun peaked slowly from the horizon. Shouts and fights had broken out in a span of 1 hour and I knew it was because of me.

The man had gotten his mouth back and he wasted no time.

I walked down the stairs,yet I was surprised to find that no fear could be found in my heart,or my mind. I was calm,yet anxious. I could tell I would either get through this with punishment or everything would fall apart.

"He's a raging maniac!" I heard Logan scream as the voices came down. "He nearly murdered my brothers mate in cold blood!" There was a series of murmurs. "We cannot let him walk this house free and without punishment,without consequence." There was a series of murmurs. Confused and skeptic.

"But she's alive?"

"That is not the point! The boy is out of control."

"You're raging as though he killed her, I don't get it."

"Yeah, also, your brothers mate may have attacked him and he reacted the way any of us would. For all we know she could have been in the process of attacking the pack."

"She was alone,what could she do to an entire pack of wolves alone?" Another man voiced.

"He did it for sport!" Logan said in anger. "He claims to have heard screaming which is weird considering,we would have all heard it and not to mention, patrol would have alerted the Alpha anyway,so it is clear he did it for fun. We can not let him live!"

"Where were the patrol anyway?" I paused with brows furrowed.

"They had just done their rounds there,they left and two others were meant to take their place." Logan supplied.

"Then it is obviously patrols fault."

"What? No! Are you insane!? They did nothing wrong. It was one woman! Not an army." I decided to venture down and show my face. Everyone looked up at me,some in fear,some just lookes uncomfortable and I couldn't say it was a surprise.

"The monster shows his face,huh." Logan sneers. "Your brother will not be able to help you,my friend,not even a little bit." He whispered as he stepped closer to me even though it was pointless as everyone heard.

Someone laid a hand gently on Logan's shoulder. "Your brothers mate is alive dude. Rest."

"I can't believe this!" I heard Kathryn hiss. "Move!" She demanded pushing her way towards me. "Are you okay?" She asked as she got close to me. Her hand gripped mine and I stared into her eyes.

"I'm okay."

"How can you stand by him after he attacked someone?"

"She was a rogue!" She yelled. "He did what any of you would have done. She's lucky to be alive!"

"Yet,how did he know she was there when everyone else didn't?" Logan said wide eyed and determined, the room grew uncomfortable then, shifting on their feet and I realised not many agreed with him.

Kathryn gapped giving him the most, are you just stupid? Kind of look. "You want him gone so badly, that your focusing on what? A reaction anyone of us would have had? Your brothers mate is alive, shook up, sure but breathing. The only justice he could want is that of hurting Xavier as much as he hurt her."

"Then it's settled. He can have a go at him."

Kathryn blinked shocked and I should have, Logan stepped back and motioned to the door and Kathryn looked at me sighing. It was as though she was silent not because it was right but because it made sense. An eye for an eye and yet, didn't that saying imply not to do so? That it made us blind?

I went then not sure how I felt as everyone followed and Logan got his brother

"You.Hurt.My.Mate." he said out slowly with a growl. I watched as slowly, feeling numb as he shifted. He was in pain, hurt that I'd touched his mate without knowing and for a moment I thought. This was extremely, almost unnecessary even for what I did.

I couldn't deny it though, this friction, the tension spurred on by one man. For the fact that I existed and had no real control, the fact that my dark magic made me u predictable. I couldn't blame him, my track record was proof and I felt exhausted, finally and nontheless-

I was responsible.

He lunged then,my heart pumped blood fast and my ears rang and I acted purely on instinct. A burst of energy left my hands and hit his chest. He whined as he hit the wall. I could feel something inside of me, hungry and wanting more. A darkness that threatened to consume me.

I blinked for a moment and shook my head, no, stop it. Then I stared at my hands. What was happening to me?

I wanted Christian... No,I needed him.

I looked back at Logan's brother who shook his fur and stood. I did the one thing I knew I'd always needed to do, the one thing that I kept from doing simply because I was never sure it it was right, but now I knew.

As much as I loved my family, I didn't belong here, not now, maybe not ever and more importantly, I needed my mate.

In a cloud of dark mist I disappeared.

A\N
4 November 2021