CHAPTER 16✓

Narrator

Xavier stared with tearful eyes.

You will always be a threat to them, you will always be alone... The last words, they echoed into his head. He grabbed onto his head, he felt lighter, suddenly, he didn't feel like his head had too many voices, too many people. He sobbed though, his heart breaking. His violet eyes faded into black, his own anger had already been growing and it was as though he'd had enough. He felt broken and he was glad to be alone.

-Fire! He heard suddenly and his sob was cut short. He walked over to the window and his eyes widened as fire from the north was heading for the pack house at a rapid pace. Suddenly, he didn't care if they didn't trust him, that he was a threat and that nobody wanted him around, all he could think was that a fire that big was not natural.

He bolted, the door opened roughly, coming off its hinges and flying towards the mirrors, they shattered and he ran, all doors opening roughly as though he was attempting to wake all who hadn't heard.

He made it outside to find pack members with hoses, trying to put it out, but it wasn't working. Xavier felt his heart racing, and all the pent up anger and resentment which had built up inside him, finally had an outlet. He ran and stood in front of the pack members still using water. He curled his fingers in the shape of claws and the ground shook.

Xavier dug his feet into the ground, his violet eyes fading into black, and raised his arms up as a face formed in the fire. He pushed of the ground then and took a deep breath before letting out an ear piercing scream. It had all the hatred and anger harboured from his own existence. It spoke of all his pain, of his regret and her arms stretched out and ink black smoke blew onto the fire. Xavier had tears in his eyes, as his heart seemed to be breaking at the same time before it all stopped. The fire died down then and he saw it, the army of wolves heading right for them.

He floated down gracefully, his voice hoarse.

"We are under attack. "he announced and looked up, the sky was grey and crack, his brows furrowed in confusion. The pack members snapped out of their amazement then.

"They won't wake up." Xavier furrowed his eyes as a pack member stood by the porch in worry. "They're all out cold." He rushed over to try and make sense of it when he froze. How he hadn't noticed, he'd never know.

He stared in horror as the teens which were here for the sleepover were out cold.

"They are sleeping, but deeply, "Claude then came rush inside the pack house, Axe at his heels.

"What the hell is happening?" His voice boomed and there was a series of whimpers. Xavier paid him no mind as he looked around, he saw Meghan, and everyone who was supposed to be there, but Hanna was not in sight. His eyes widened and he cursed. "You have an answer for me, Xavier?" Claude questioned, on the verge of shifting.

"You have to be ready for a fight. "He told him." Everyone is here but Hanna. "Claude seemed to understand as suddenly orders were cast out.

"How much time do we have?"  Claude questioned and Xavier realised that he was the only one with magic close enough, left awake, the only one they could turn to for an advantage right now. Claude looked at him urgently, hopefully and Xavier felt his chest tighten.

They need me to be strong right now. He thought and all his doubt and fear was shoved into the darkest back of his mind. His family needed him to be present.

"What ever Hanna did, it's affecting the dome, I'd say about 15 minutes before they get passed and have us surrounded. "Claude cursed then. Theodore then walked through the door and Xavier felt a weight lift slightly.